Turn Off Channel Banner
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Is it possible to turn off the channel banner that the show information at the bottom of the screen when changing channels?  This is getting annoying when using the last channel feature and having this banner pop up.  It seems to stay on the screen for about 10 seconds.  I have not been able to find a function for this feature.  Please provide one in future builds.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turn Off Channel Banner
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks again PJL!  This setting is when the Info button is pressed and for how long the banner is displayed.  there is also a setting to set it to 0 (zero) when changing channels.  That is what I was looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

They added a setting on the duration of the channel banner.  Its somewhere in settings.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Also if you really want it gone fast just press the EXIT button on your remote and it will go away immediately on pressing.

PJL
Master - Level 3
You can set tge duration to 2, 4, 8, 10 or 15 secons under settings>television>channel bar timeout.
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks again PJL!  This setting is when the Info button is pressed and for how long the banner is displayed.  there is also a setting to set it to 0 (zero) when changing channels.  That is what I was looking for.

0 Likes
jl4444

This option does not appear. I went to Menu > Settings >System > Television. The only options were
Auto Tune to HD Channels
Melp
Last Watched Rail

I did have this option with my old STB, but not with the new one.

0 Likes
jetpro3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simply go to Guide > Settings > Channel info bar timeout.  Make it 2 seconds.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes