Turn off hdmi discovery for audio device
tyzwyz

I would like my fios one to ignore my Pioneer receiver for volume. I have tried the exit when setting up the tv and it still manages to see the receiver and configure. Most of the time, I simply want to turn on just the tv and watch. I don't need the receiver to be on. I have a very good smart remote set up for all the components. I even took the receiver out of the mix and set up the remote. As soon as I reintroduced, it was discovered and  back in the auto power on loop.

0 Likes
Re: Turn off hdmi discovery for audio device
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tyzwyz wrote:

I would like my fios one to ignore my Pioneer receiver for volume. I have tried the exit when setting up the tv and it still manages to see the receiver and configure. Most of the time, I simply want to turn on just the tv and watch. I don't need the receiver to be on. I have a very good smart remote set up for all the components. I even took the receiver out of the mix and set up the remote. As soon as I reintroduced, it was discovered and  back in the auto power on loop.

Have you tried disabling tv input control on the Fios box menu? Also you may have to disable CEC in your receiver and TV to stop them from controlling the Receiver. If none of that works, you may have to stop using the Fios remote and just use the universal you have.

0 Likes