TV doesn't show full picture
rennamae

I often watch a picture that is larger than the area of my TV screen. How do I remedy this problem? I have a new LG flat screen TV, which should easily accommodate any size picture. Using a Motorola HDMI HD QIP 7100 1…Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: TV doesn't show full picture
prisaz
Legend

@rennamae wrote:

I often watch a picture that is larger than the area of my TV screen. How do I remedy this problem? I have a new LG flat screen TV, which should easily accommodate any size picture. Using a Motorola HDMI HD QIP 7100 1…Thanks in advance for any advice.

Option on the STB is to go into the Settings and turn on HD overide. But many people do not like that option because it adds a delay in switching picture formats when changing channels.

Second option is to set your TV display to stretch, or pan and scan, depending on the TV features. Many TV remotes have an option refered to as picture mode that makes it easy to switch. If you are used to an SD and not HD TV it will take some getting used to. What you see are probably the "barn doors" on the picture sides for SD content. Now some HD will still be letter box where it is cut off on the tops and bottoms, combine this with barn doors and you end up with a small box on the screen. Try the different picture modes on the TV that suite you the best. If your remote has the button you can get use to getting the best from your HD TV.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it sounds to me like you've zoomed the image with your tv.   there is an aspect ratio button on the fios remote, it controls your tv';s setting and it's the # sign.    OR you can get the original remote for your tv (manufacturers remote) and find the zoom, or aspect ratio, or format button, and set it correctly. 

0 Likes
hoopitup2000

Is the TV connected with HDMI?  If so, the aspect feature (# button) on the remote is not available. The set top box volume control feature is also lost with HDMI.

If you prefer the screen to be filled, it is best to connect the TV to the cable box using the component connections instead of HDMI. There are no delays between channel changes even if the SD override is in stretch mode & you re-gain more overall aspect control over the picture. The picture will come on a bit sooner with the component connection when the TV is turned on as well.

0 Likes
Mgawenus

I tried the number sign on the Verizon remote and it worked perfectly. I now have a full picture. Thanks,

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes