TV doesn't work when treadmill is on
jjack929

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I'd love to be able to watch TV while on my treadmill, but as soon as I start, the picture and sound start going out on the TV in the same room as the treadmill, and the other TVs in the house start having horizontal issues.  It stops as soon as I'm done with the treadmill.  Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

0 Likes
Re: TV doesn't work when treadmill is on
tns
Master - Level 2

Probably interference of some sort caused by the treadmill.  Possibly unsolvable without buying a different treadmill or possibly by isolating the treadmill electrically. 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

HUMOR ALERT

Try to Google "treadmill-proof TV."

END HUMOR ALERT

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happened when we had DSL.  The electrical noise of the treadmill interferes with the modem/router.  Search the web for possible solutions. We got rid of the treadmill before we got FIOS.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like noise and/or surges feeding back thru the line.  Most treadmill manufacturers recommend placing the treadmill on a single outlet surge suppressor with a noise filter... you can find them online relatively inexpensively.  Something like a TrippLite Isobar or Spikecube (I believe the Isobar would be better) would be good.    If it has more than one outlet, don't use the others for anything.   See if that cleans up the noise feedback.

Also, try putting your TV's and STB's on a surge suppressor to get rid of the noise before it enters those pieces of electronics.

Do you have any cable outlets that are not connected to a TV/STB?  If so, place a terminator (search coax terminator online) on them to keep RFI from getting into the cable plant and lastly check to make sure that your Coax cable plant is properly grounded (look near the ONT outside and you should see the coax run to a grounding strap which is attached to and earth ground of some sort.   Since you report lines on the TV and not pixelization, this is likely not the issue -- it's noise being picked up somewhere during the point where the signal is analog and not digital (are you using HDMI or Coax to connect between the STB and the TV's?).

0 Likes