TV Guide doesn't display in IE 10....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

My primary computer is running Windows 7 (x64) SP1.  My primary browser is Internet Explorer 10.  If I navigate to the TV guide in the My Verizon 3.0 website it looks like this:

If I use Firefox the TV programming is displayed properly.  Might anyone have an idea why IE 10 behaves this way?

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV Guide doesn't display in IE 10....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

TNS_2....

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've specifically tried all those steps and none helped.  However, this morning when I started at myverizon.com, or www22.verizon.com/, I was re-drected to http://entertainment.verizon.com/  .  I'd never seen that link before.  When  I navigated to the TV listings from that home page guess what...they worked!  And in both IE 10 and Firefox and with no other changes to my system.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the problem doesn't re-surface, but for now I'm considering that Verizon made a change to the website that has propagated to the server I connect to and that the problem is solved.

PJL....

I misunderstood your last suggestion and didn't get to try it before the problem seems to have solved itself.   Thanks again for your ideas in any case.

Regards

--eljefe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eljefe wrote:

My primary computer is running Windows 7 (x64) SP1.  My primary browser is Internet Explorer 10.  If I navigate to the TV guide in the My Verizon 3.0 website it looks like this:

If I use Firefox the TV programming is displayed properly.  Might anyone have an idea why IE 10 behaves this way?

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

I'm using IE 10 with 64-bit Windows (8 and 7) and it works fine.  I'm presuming you've installed 64-bit Flash, right?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Yep.  Flash version is 11,7,700,202 and when installing any Flash update the Adobe download site recognizes I'm running:  Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, MSIE

Thanks for the reply, and if only it were that easy.

Any other thoughts?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eljefe wrote:

Yep.  Flash version is 11,7,700,202 and when installing any Flash update the Adobe download site recognizes I'm running:  Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, MSIE

Thanks for the reply, and if only it were that easy.

Any other thoughts?

That's the version of Flash that I have.  You might check your scripting settings in IE to make sure they're not blocking it.  It just occured to me that this may be a Java script, so make sure the plugin is loading and enabled.  I have two:  Java Plug-in SV Helper and Java Plug-in 2 SV Helper (both version 7.0.21011). 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Update:  This morning I'm having the same problem with Firefox, except in the window where the TV programming should be it says "We are unable to process your request.  Please try again later."

Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eljefe wrote:

Update:  This morning I'm having the same problem with Firefox, except in the window where the TV programming should be it says "We are unable to process your request.  Please try again later."

Smiley Frustrated

I just tried the site and it worked fine for me.  Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions other than what I just posted earlier this morning.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ok. 

FWIW, I just tried a Win 7 Home (x64) SP1 laptop, and a Win XP SP3 machine with IE 8, and got the same negative results.

For now I'll just have to live with the guide in my iPhone (which works), or the IMG when watching TV. 

Thanks for the answer anyway.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@eljefe wrote:

Ok. 

FWIW, I just tried a Win 7 Home (x64) SP1 laptop, and a Win XP SP3 machine with IE 8, and got the same negative results.

For now I'll just have to live with the guide in my iPhone (which works), or the IMG when watching TV. 

Thanks for the answer anyway.

One last thing to try.  Create a brand new profile in Windows (other than the ones you're using) and then see if it occurs there.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

By a brand new profile I assume you mean a new sub account.  I tried that, signed in with new account, and no difference.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Works fine for me.

A few possibilities.

• Need to run in compatibility mode (some other features of Verizon's sites have needed this in the past)
  • need to turn off tracking protection
  • need to check security add-ons
  • need to allow cookies
  • need to flush cache
0 Likes