TV Japan, English Close Captions?
jadenusa
I recently added TV Japan to my package for the sole purpose of watching the Grand Sumo Tournaments.  NHK simulcasts in English but I've been unable to access it via closed captioning.  Help! 
0 Likes
Re: TV Japan, English Close Captions?
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

closed captioning is provided strickly by the channel. However, you can select multiple CC channels via the cable box, one of them may be in english..

This only works with high def boxes.  Standard def boxes have no closed captioning controls of any kind

press menu----> go to settings------> then go to Accessibility------->then select closed captioning. In closed captioning, it has 7 choices.

off

cc1

cc2

cc3

cc4

cc5

cc6

One of these may be an english translation. If so, there you are. If not then the channel is not providing english translation

Re: TV Japan, English Close Captions?
Justin46
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

closed captioning is provided strickly by the channel. However, you can select multiple CC channels via the cable box, one of them may be in english..

This only works with high def boxes.  Standard def boxes have no closed captioning controls of any kind

press menu----> go to settings------> then go to Accessibility------->then select closed captioning. In closed captioning, it has 7 choices.

off

cc1

cc2

cc3

cc4

cc5

cc6

One of these may be an english translation. If so, there you are. If not then the channel is not providing english translation

Actually there is an easier way to get the closed captions displayed. On the remote the * button (just above the triangular yellow A button), is the CC button, and pressing it will cycle you through the various settings from OFF to CC6. Also, when you look at the Info for a program, many times it will show CC if there is any CC available for that program. But you can always hit the * button to check.

Keller, TX 76248