TV One Mini vs TV One STB
Tripledomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently swapped an older STB for the TV One STB, which works fine, except... we would like to move the TV to a location that does not have coax. I understand the Mini can connect via wifi. I recently purchased a FIOS G3100 router. Can I just swap out the TV One STB for a Mini, or do I need to rent the Mini in addition to the TV One STB. 

Thanks in advance. 

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV One Mini vs TV One STB
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Tripledomer wrote:

I recently swapped an older STB for the TV One STB, which works fine, except... we would like to move the TV to a location that does not have coax. I understand the Mini can connect via wifi. I recently purchased a FIOS G3100 router. Can I just swap out the TV One STB for a Mini, or do I need to rent the Mini in addition to the TV One STB. 

Thanks in advance. 

Bill

The mini is dependent on the larger VMS box for its signal. The mini has no tuners and uses one of the 6 in the VMS box to change channels. The VMS box does have to be hooked up to coax to operate correctly. If you leave the VMS where it is and get a mini you can put it anywhere WiFi is good, and it will operate via WiFi.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Tripledomer wrote:

Thanks in advance. 

Bill

The mini is dependent on the larger VMS box for its signal. The mini has no tuners and uses one of the 6 in the VMS box to change channels. The VMS box does have to be hooked up to coax to operate correctly. If you leave the VMS where it is and get a mini you can put it anywhere WiFi is good, and it will operate via WiFi.

Tripledomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks very much for the comprehensive response!