Re: TV Says No Signal
RobV1
Enthusiast - Level 1

THanks!

Jehan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turning on UHD for the hdmi input I have the mini plugged into worked for me! It had been working for over a year then just stopped a few days ago. Thanks for the solution!

Delaware61

My Hisense H9G will not recognize my Fios One mini.  All other TVs in my house have no issue.  HELP. 😞

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Delaware61 wrote:

My Hisense H9G will not recognize my Fios One mini.  All other TVs in my house have no issue.  HELP. 😞

Plug it into another TV and set it to 1080i resolution. Hook it back up to the Hisense, see if you now have a picture. Check the input you hook the Verizon box to and make sure it is enabled for enhanced color, UHD, or whatever Hisense calls 4K. Then re-enable 4K on the Fios box.

Bowlingpro765

I just experienced the same issue. Had a mini hooked up to my Vizio and my main hooked up to a Sony. One day the mini stopped working, went through 3 replacements until I realized it’s bc the mini isn’t compatible. I ended up switching my set top boxes (hooked up mini with Sony and main with Vizio) and now everything works fine. Wish Fios customer service new about this nuance but happy it’s working now 

0 Likes
AWiseGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem, and called Verizon tech-support. Apparently, a memo just came out with a solution. It’s a Vizio TV problem. Here is the fix:

1. use your Visio remote

2. press the menu button 

3. Select “input settings

4. scroll to the input used by your Fios cable box (usually HDMI-1). Select that. 
5. scroll to Full UHD color

6. turn it “on”

your picture should come on. Simply press “exit”

that should do it!

campbellpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was the solution!  After being online with Verizon for a long while.   Changing out cables and boxes, rebooting and powering up and down I saw this and thought I’ll give it a try and bingo - it worked!    The Visio TV had been working fine and then we turned it on yesterday and the HDMI ports were not recognized - no signal.   Some software was changed somewhere - lol. Happy it’s fixed.  Thank you!

Krryan7777
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you turn on full uhd color on tv? It won’t let me select it 

0 Likes
Krryan7777
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMGgg thank you SOOOOmuch! It works now!! Saved me 100$! Thank God I googled this 

it’s been so annoying for a week trying to figure this out. 
disreguard the above question, I figured it out. Shame on Vizio 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Krryan7777 wrote:

OMGgg thank you SOOOOmuch! It works now!! Saved me 100$! Thank God I googled this 

it’s been so annoying for a week trying to figure this out. 
disreguard the above question, I figured it out. Shame on Vizio 

Several people on the Vizio website have the same issue. Vizio should have made UHD color the default on their TVs, instead they chose standard HD as the default, causing problems with 4K external sources.