TV Says No Signal
JJS89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very weird problem with a brand new Vizio TV.
I have FiOS, with two DVR set boxes.
I just got the TV and went to set it up last night. I plug in the 2nd FiOS box via HDMI and it says no signal, no matter with port I use. Yes, I've selected the proper input, yes the cords work.
So I try the box on a different TV, and it works fine. So not a box problem.
So I bring down my main FiOS set box and plug it in via HDMI. Works with the new TV!
So the TV works, the HDMI works and both boxes work but just not when I use the 2nd box with the TV, then it says no signal.
Any thoughts? This defies logic! TIA

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV Says No Signal
AWiseGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem, and called Verizon tech-support. Apparently, a memo just came out with a solution. It’s a Vizio TV problem. Here is the fix:

1. use your Visio remote

2. press the menu button 

3. Select “input settings

4. scroll to the input used by your Fios cable box (usually HDMI-1). Select that. 
5. scroll to Full UHD color

6. turn it “on”

your picture should come on. Simply press “exit”

that should do it!

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model boxes do you have?

I have to ask: I assume you are conecting both boxes to coax?

Have you tried connecting them both to another TV?

JJS89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the latest set top boxes, I believe the FiOS tv 1 and the mini. Yes, both are connected to coax. 

I've connected them to other TV's and they both work. So that's the rub. It appears to be a TV issue, however, as I mentioned, the bigger set top works with the television, it's the mini that won't connect. But oddly, both set tops work with other TV's. That's what is so perplexing.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible the offending mini is set up for a resolution the one TV can't handle? Look at the two boxes and make a note if any settings are different between them. Then match the settings from the main box to the mini.

JJS89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that too. Still not working. Thinking I may have to return the TV at this point. Actually got a new mini sent from Verizon and still says no signal, even though it's recognizing the box is connected. Perhaps a Vizio issue? So odd. And super frustrating.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a mini, connected to cable on the  TV that doesn't work. Go to a 4100 box, menu, customer support, my dashboard, my connected devices, hit ok. This should give you a map of all the connected boxes, and whether they have a good connection or not. On the right as you scroll from device to device you get detailed info. Everything should show a good connection- green line. If not you have a coax or splitter issue. If that doesn't help, post the model of TV and I'll check the manual for some odd setting that could be gumming up the works.

JB713
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem. New Vizio TV  (M507-G1) doesn't receivce signal from mini box.

Mini box was previously connected, without incident, to a Samsung TV and Sony TV, all using the same coax cable to mini box.

Even connected mini box to a monitor and the signal was received with out incident.

Tried a different working mini box from Westinghouse tv in house, still no sign to VIZIO TV (M507-G1).

I have yet to try the main fios box on the VIZIO TV.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the input settings menu on the TV there is a setting for Full UHD Color. Whatever it is set to, change it. See if that helps.

JJS89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Vizio.  The rep basically said it appears it's an issue with the TV itself. Returned the TV and got a Samsung. Worked perfectly. Vizio needs to alert customers and Verizon that this is a known issue. But that's doubtful.

JB713
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I also returned the VIZIO and purchased a Samsung as well. The Samsung worked immediately.