Re: Tv Service outage
kwid

Having the same issue in Arlington, 22201 since 9:30pm last night. Been on chat hold for 15 minutes, says its another 40 minute wait and on the phone for 10 minutes already. Tried twice last night to get through and they disconnected after I went through the prompts.

0 Likes
kwid

This is what the chat said after 30 minutes:

"Currently due to some technical glitch many customers are facing the same issue. Verizon is aware of this and our engineers are already working on this issue. We are doing our best to fix this as soon as possible so that all our customers can access this again. At this point of time, we do not have ETA however we are working hard to fix it as soon as possible. Please be assured that there is no issue with your account. It's absolutely fine. It's just because of some network error at our end you are not able to access it."

But I stayed on the phone for 20-30 minutes, finally got someone and they fixed it. TV is back up for me.

0 Likes
rwbaucom

Same thing in Fredericksburg 22407  I did reach tehm they say it shold be working by 1030pm tonight. We will see.what happens.

0 Likes
supercrunch
I posted last night that our service was restored immediately while on the phone with Verizon. It's out again this morning,and the hold time is over an hour. This is seeming unrelated to the severe storms yesterday.
0 Likes
Re: Why is FIOS still down?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@johnjk wrote:

Verizon sent an FIOS update last night  (9:30 PM) that took down FIOS service in the Washington DC area. Service  will not be restore until, at least, 10:30 AM. That will be a 13 hour outage of TV service for DC. The outage seems to be the DC area. Apparently Verizon finds it easier to test changes with the community rather than internally. I managed to get a temporary fix this morning but Verizon sent another update that nullified that and will not provide it again

Just a note, Verizon has rolled this upgrade out to a lot of other folks without an issue. So it is not testing.

I live in Anne Arundel County.

Got the software upgrade Mon am and haven't had a probelm since.

Doesn't help your outage, just want to pass along that you weren't the first of the rollout.

mstrickl
Enthusiast - Level 1

So after over an hour on hold last night they told me it would be back on in a few hours. This morning I called and they said it would be on by 11. At 12 they said it would be on by 4. Just got off the phone again and they said it'll be on sometime today. So annoying. I've been on Comcasts web site looking at their packages. If this crap isn't fixed by tomorrow I think I'll be going with Xfinity.

0 Likes
mstrickl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Three days and I'm still out at 22201.  I've gotten an email saying it was restored. I called and was told it was restored and that I needed to replace the battery in the control unit. I got tired of arguing that that wasn't the problem and just replaced the battery. Called back again and was told the service is still out. Does anyone here have service restored yet?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mstrickl

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rncoulson1

Verizon Moderator - we are still having issues with channels here in 22407. This is ridiculous!!! The main reason i left DirecTV was because this was supposed to happen during storms, yet this is the 2nd time this week. Horrible

0 Likes
Trixie1156

I received this same error and during my search found this thread.  It was ONE day after my bill was due so I scrambled to pay it on Verizon's website before we left for an out of town trip over the weekend.  When we returned on Sunday, it was the same.  I called billing to tell them that it had cleared my bank so why wasn't my service restored...all they could do was tell me it might be resolved on Monday and that was unacceptable since the season premier of The Walking Dead was on that night!  She said she'd call me back and, of course, never did.  I had to figure it out myself... I had ordered a replacement dvr, but hadn't installed it, yet since we were trying to watch what we'd recorded before we lost it all.  As soon as I swapped out the box, I had no problems.  Why couldn't the message include that?  Why couldn't they tell me anything when I called?  I was SO frustrated, angry, disappointed, etc.  You'd think they'd have a more specific message other than it wasn't a "techinical" issue!

0 Likes