TV volume vs.. Set top box volume
vickibocc1

I recently added a TV and fios cable in a 2nd room in my home. I noticed I am always setting the volume extremely low, at level 1 or 2...never higher than 4, and have no trouble hearing the TV. At some point, I noticed an additional volume bar appearing here and there, which is set much higher. I figure I will have much better control over the volume if I can lower the 2nd volume to keep them more balanced. But I can't figure out how to access that volume setting.

Yes, I have a separate remote for the television and one from Fios. They both control the same volume bar.

I've also tried to adjust from the TV itself and it controls the same bar.

The bar that the remotes control appears on the bottom center of the screen. The 2nd one I've seen sometimes appears in the top right corner.

There is also a buzzing coming from the TV. It isn't very noticeable while watching something, but is definitely there. I feel like this would be at least reduced if I can figure out how to lower that one volume bar.

Also, I just watched a DVD with this TV for the first time, and while changing the input for the first time, I realized I had been watching on "TV" all this time. I guess the tech who did the installation just didn't consider HDMI and I never questioned it. When I put it on HDMI, the picture is much better but it is even LOUDER, even with the volume on 1. I know it is just the input, but I need to figure out how to better balance the volume!

Thank  you!

0 Likes