Unable to use Fios Mobile Remote with Droid phone
jsolis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I go through mobile remote registration and i keep getting a message that says "sms error   unable to process your request at this moment, please ry again. If the problem continues, please try restarting your set-top box ".   I have rebooted and tried tech support and have been unable to resolve the concern.  Has anyone had this similar issue resolved?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to use Fios Mobile Remote with Droid phone
jsolis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my Droid phone to work. The fix was to do a factory data reset my phone. After the data reset, i was able to communicate with the tv and get the remote app to function.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey jsolis, did the mobile remote work for you before check if the STB is getting an ip address if its not then unplug the power cord and unscrew the coax cable for 10secs rescrew the coax cable then plug the power cord back in after the reset try it again.  If that does not work then delete the app on the phone and download it again. 

0 Likes
jsolis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Ron, Thank you for the info. I did have an ip address for the hd dvr box, i diconnected the coax and the power anyway and followed your instructions.  I also uninstalled fios remote and reinstalled, I still could not get the function to work. The same sms error appears. I am curious to see what the trouble could be, the DVR function through the phone works great, i have good wifi signal to the phone and am on the same network. I also previously reset the routers to default settings. I greatly appreciate any more advice . Thank you.

Javier Solis

0 Likes
nwmishkin2

I'm having the same problem and I'd love a solution too.  I spoke with Verizon phone tech support and they said that Mobile Remote doesn't work on DVR-less cable boxes, but if that were the case (and things I've read lead me to believe that Mobile Remote has utility even in the absence of DVR functions) I'd think I'd see behavior other than an "SMS error" message.

0 Likes
antarty
I was having similar issue and the way I resolved the issue was going to "Marketplace" and typing in the word " fios" in the search engine. Then I installed the free file mobile remote app and followed the on screen guide on my mobile device while the tv was on. This should solve your problem. I installed this on my Droid X and it works just fine. Hope this was helpful.
0 Likes
nwmishkin2

That worked great, thanks!

Nat

0 Likes
jsolis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had no luck. I am on  the correct wi-fi network. i uninstalled the app and tried again. i have rebooted the Dvr box, it has internet address. Would like to get it going. Anymore suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Likes
jsolis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my Droid phone to work. The fix was to do a factory data reset my phone. After the data reset, i was able to communicate with the tv and get the remote app to function.

0 Likes
garcia1_icon

Hi antarty,

Thanks for the solutions, even i was facing the same problem on mobile says SMS error, I gave to services but again within 2 days the same problem after I instanted it. Now its work good. Thanks again.

-----------------------

Mobile Phone Deals

0 Likes