Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
sakdc

Actually, Mima, Could you please also come back to this thread and let us know what happened after you interact privately, as the moderator is urging you to do?  

This lack of router recognition seems to be an ongoing, if intermittent, issue with the new app. Although some of us had the problem remedied a couple of weeks ago, we aren’t sure what that exact fix was. It would be nice to be able to pinpoint the precise remedy if/when this problem with the app occurs for others again. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also a link within the app that can be used to contact support.

That is the best means for app issues as the team that gets this is dedicated to app (so I have been told).

Plus it allows you to send logs from the app that will help them diagnose the issue.

Mima2005

I did respond to the Verizon private message, and the tech person suggested rebooting both the router and the set-top box, and then closing/opening the app - all of which I had tried before, per this forum's suggestions. But I did it all again and the problem STILL exists. I got right back to them but haven't heard anything since. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

0 Likes
sakdc

A rep from Verizon Residential finally called me this week to follow up on the ticket I had filed a couple of weeks ago. After I told her about all the things i tried and that later suddenly my problem with the app had resolved, she told me something very interesting:

She said that if the app isn’t working at all that it probably is a problem on the user end.  Trying a lot of fixes on our end makes better sense if the app isn’t working at all.  But that if the app is working partially, and some basic reinstallation stuff doesn’t help, that it is indeed probably an issue on Verizon‘s end. 

So the fact that we were having a problem with the live channels not recognizing our home routers, but everything else about the app was working fine, that told her that it was something that had to be done by Verizon. In the case of my outage she said: the problem was with the app itself. Several people were a part of my outage and it was sent on to the app developer to fix.

0 Likes
Mima2005

That partial explanation from Verizon makes sense, sakdc. My app does work for the most part, so it seems logical that the router connection problem lies with them and not my devices.

It seems strange, however, that the problem was corrected for some users but not others. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reply. Hopefully, they'll have a fix for me and others who are still experiencing this problem.

0 Likes
sakdc

As others have said, I think it is crucial that you open up a support/help ticket directly from INSIDE the app, not just via phone or chat, when the problem is with the app itself. From my experience now, I think a lot of the regular support channels are clueless about the app, which seems to be a separate deal from TV Internet and landline service. 

I still also think it couldn't hurt to turn to social media broadcasting, not dm. You’ve got to get the internal app developers’ attention somehow. And there must be many layers of bureaucracy between us and them.

Crossing my my fingers for you!

0 Likes
Mima2005

I just noticed a slight change in the Fios TV messaging...

When I try to access several channels now, it says "This channel is available for viewing on your Fios TV box only" where the previous message for these same channels was that I needed to be connected to my router.

Is this how they're taking care of the problem? By basically saying "Sorry, you can't watch these channels on your device now, even though some weeks ago we told you that you could?"

0 Likes
sakdc

Is there any chance that a promotion or special package that you had before expired? It’s weird that the message changed. You might see if that triggers something with support and they can help figure out the problem based on that error message.

0 Likes
Mima2005

I've had the same Triple Play Fios package for 6 years, with no changes.

Perhaps it's time for ME to make a change... like cancelling Fios and going with another provider who has better mobile device support.

I'll take your advice, however, and make one more attempt with the Fios TV app folks telling them of this latest development. Might take a while to post what happens, as they don't seem to respond for 2 or 3 days. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What channel and what package do you have?

One possibility is that recent contract changes with content provider has changed app access.