Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
sakdc

Hopefully, maybe some good news for you, mima. 

I noticed today that the FiOS TV app has been updated. And it looks like it’s more than just a little update. So maybe this will fix your issues. I really hope so. Check it out!

0 Likes
mickelsn

Hi all...for what it's worth, I had this problem and might have finally fixed it today.

I just upgraded my Triple Play service from 75/75 to Gigabit to capture a promotion. In doing so, I got the "out-of-home" error constantly. I figured it was because I don't use the Quantum G1100 router's built-in WiFi...I keep that in the basement, and I use a wired Ethernet connection up to a different WiFi access point as the bridge to the internet.

So today, I did two things:

1. Changed the WiFi network names in my Quantum router to match the other access point's network name (on both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands). Left them deactivated. In and of itself, this didn't solve my problem.
  2. Then within the FiOS TV app (most recent iOS, iPhone 6s Plus), I went to the Settings menu (gear icon, upper left), then Devices. I had two devices registered under my account, one from years ago and the iPhone more recently but still months ago. I Removed both devices, then re-added the iPhone. That seemed to fix the problem!!

Immediately after doing this, returning to the Guide no longer showed an "Out-of-Home" icon. Force-quitting the app and relaunching it didn't result in the "Out of Home" banner pop-up. I've successfully watched a couple different premium channels on that device, and also successfully logged in via my iPad in the app, registered the device, and watched Premium content.

Hope this helps others...

0 Likes
sakdc

"...within the FiOS TV app (most recent iOS, iPhone 6s Plus), I went to the Settings menu (gear icon, upper left), then Devices. I had two devices registered under my account, one from years ago and the iPhone more recently but still months ago. I Removed both devices, then re-added the iPhone. That seemed to fix the problem!!"

Wow! That actually makes logicial sense as a fix! A great alternative thing to try if/when this "out-of-home-network" error pops up since your device isn't recognizing your network. No one ever suggested I try that... Thanks!

0 Likes
Confused2018

I have too many with the FIOS Moible to mention.  The latest is the Out-of-home message when I'm sitting here at home.  I have also requested support from Verizon via the help option on the FOIA TV App.  I also used the chat line.  I give on this app.  It's a good thing when it works, problem is the problems are too many to count.

0 Likes
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting this exact same error for two weeks.  Verizon’s support is absolutely atrocious. They don’t understand their own network or train their customer service agents. Like others, I’ve wasted countless hours calling clueless customer service agents who give the runaround and just tell you to reset everything, which of course never works.

What is worse is that I opened a ticket through the app (ticket number FMS-461159), and they responded and said “I have found a backend provisioning error with your WAN IP which is causing your device to be seen as out of home. I have escalated the issue to our network team and it should be resolved soon. I will update once I hear back.” That was 5 days ago. Since then, no fix and no communication. I have even updated the ticket twice requesting a status update, and nothing. I even opened a second ticket asking them to please follow up on the first ticket. Nothing. So Verizon acknowledges their error and then ignores the customer. Typical of this bloated dysfunctional company.

I have already priced comparable Cox service and will be ordering it if this issue is not resolved asap.

Verizon is a ripoff. They don’t provide the capability you pay for, don’t attempt to fix it, and don’t credit you for the downtime. Absolutely terrible, pathetic business practices.

0 Likes
sakdc

That's an awful story. So sorry you're being put through that. Good to have an explanation of some specifics about the technical problem, at least in your case. But sooo frustrating that it isn't being fixed for you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dave999z,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
sakdc

Dave,

I’ve noticed that when things get really bad for a customer publicly, on forums or social media, Verizon tries to get you away from here into private discussion, especially when they are messing up. But I would ask you to please return here with details and let us know how things go to help others going forward with this issue. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Main reason things are taken private is so that account info can be exchanged.

I agree if there is a common solution, it would be helpful to all if the result can be published.

dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not received any private message on this forum.  They updated the support ticket through the FiosTV app to simply say they're "still waiting on your wanip issue to be fixed by our network team."  But they provided no ETA or any further info.

0 Likes