Unable to watch live TV or OnDemand with FiOS TV app since update 05/20
mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need the previous version of the APP for FiOS TV app so I can get back to watching again. Support will not provide it. First they say I have unsupported router configuration - not true. Then they say it's a known problem and do nothing. Then they want to NUKE my DVRs and router - which work. Then they say I have unsupported Android OS on Intel processor and do nothing. But the app worked before the update. Can someone get me access to the previous version of the APP - prior to 05/20.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to watch live TV or OnDemand with FiOS TV app since update 05/20
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get error code 9-6-13-806-130 on live TV and error code 9-6-13-806-135 for OnDemand. This is after spinning circle.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide more details?
What device have you loaded the app on?

What version android is it running?

What router do you have?

What model STB do you have?

Have you tried rersetting router and DVR?

Does it work in your hose on wifi?

mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everything works fine on my house TV's. The app doesn't work on my dell venue 10 tablet with Android 5.0.2. there is nothing wrong with the DVRs or Verizon router. The problem is with the app. The previous version worked - prior to 05/20. When I updated the app it stopped working.

I have just discovered that I can watch TV on this tablet through my Verizon account online using chrome browser. So here again this points to the APP.

Any suggestion that the problem is in my hardware is **bleep**. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube all have working APPs on my tablet.

Fix the APP.

Obviously your techs know the APP has a problem when a warning is periodically flashed that states the app may have performance issues with Android OS on Intel processors. Instead of fixing the problem with the app they just flash a warning. This occurred prior to update also but the APP still worked.

Refer to error messages in previous posts.

Once again, I can watch TV on the same tablet with the same OS on the same processor using chrome browser through my Verizon account.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The fact that Android is up to version 10, its possible it no longer works on such an old version of OS.

Just because the browser works doesn't mean that an app will work.

Totally different architectures.

mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

As stated, it worked prior to the last update!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

Its possible that the latest update needs features that older OS versions don't support.

mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it is ok to take a working APP (previous version) and replace it with a new non-working APP. When will the techs take responsibility for providing a working APP without excuses. As said in the very beginning, supply the previous working version and let us all get on with our lives. To update a user into a non functional state is irresponsible.

BTW, you can blame Google and Dell for not providing an update path for the Android OS. Dell abandoned Android. Google did nothing.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried going into your android apps menu and uninstalling the updates for the Verizon app? I know on my Samsung tablet I have that option on most of my apps, could help.

mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOT an option! Force Stop and uninstall only choice. Version on system is 3.0.2. Need previous version - prior to 05/20

0 Likes