Updates to FIOS Remote Options
Oldadmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are new FIOS customers migrating from Comcast. Two very convenient options on the Comcast remote were:

1) Voice Activated Options

2) Ability to program our Samsung Sound Bar so that it would activate when the power was turned on. When will these be available?

0 Likes
Re: Updates to FIOS Remote Options
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is talk of a new IPTV service they are going to launch that will include voice control.

Sometime this year.

Not sure what you mean about you need from remote to program your sound bar to automatically turn on when TV is turned on. Are you looking for remote to be able to cotontrol sound bar? I have a Samsung Soundbar and went with a Harmony remote to be able to control it. Have not heard of support for soundbars. Does Xfinity remote control sound bar?

0 Likes
Oldadmark
Enthusiast - Level 1
Xfinity remote was programmed with my Samsung Sound Bar & a DVD Player. When TV/Cable powered on, the Sound Bar came along with it. The xfinity remote controlled the volume of the sound bar. Recently, I saw a post about how to program the FIOS remote with my sound bar. It did pair but it only works with the FIOS volume button. FIOS will not power on/off the sound bar.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Current 2 button remote is designed for TV and STB.

There used to be a 4 button remote.

Word was that too many people had issues (hitting the wrong button could put remote into a state where the wrong actions were taken).
So 2 button remote was created to simplify things.

I prefer my Harmony remote over Verizon as it gives access to all functions of my TV and soundbar (things like settings) that I didn't have before.

Not sure if XFinity remote gave those options.

0 Likes