Use of DCT700 on TV with QAM tuner
stlouieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got FIOS tv and wanted to spend as little as possible for a STB.  So I got the Magnavox DCT700 STB.  The box works as advertised in SD.  But I would like to be able to go around the STB to the same tv to get the unencrypted channels in HD.  Any sugestions on how to best do this using, splitters, switches etc?  I tested the QAM tuner by taking the coax directly to the TV without the STB at it works fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use of DCT700 on TV with QAM tuner
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Put a splitter right before the 700. THen put on output to the 700 and the other to your TV.

Then just switch between 700 input and cable ( I assume your TV has more than 1 input).

I assume you know that you can only get local channels over qam. So if you want more HD, need to get an HD STB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Put a splitter right before the 700. THen put on output to the 700 and the other to your TV.

Then just switch between 700 input and cable ( I assume your TV has more than 1 input).

I assume you know that you can only get local channels over qam. So if you want more HD, need to get an HD STB.

0 Likes
stlouieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately I have only one coax input to my tv.  I'll do what you suggested and just put a manual coax switch for the two outputs. Yes I am aware that only the local channels will be seen by the QAM tuner.  I can put up with SD on the rest.

0 Likes
hammerjr

are they still broadcasting qam??  two days ago worked fine.  now I can not get ANY qam channels?  tried re-scanning and did not get anything.  THe stupid politicians passed bill that makes carrying local qam channels in the clear no longer mandatory and I am thinking they may have stopped carrying them?  anyone know for sure.

0 Likes