USELESS FIOS MOBILE APP
Jon91

What exactly is the point of this app? Just wasted an hour trying to watch a PBS show on my mobile device at home, including lengthy circular disucssion with a nice tech support agent who confirmed that the "watch now" channels available are very ltd and in fact ltd to channels I don't subscribe to. Just one more example of why I look forward to expriation of my account. Verizon could take the energy and money you now spend on pushing out a dazzling and confusing (bordering on deceptive, bait & switch) series of options and "tools" that represent poor value for the money, and try giving customers a user-friendly experience and fair value for their money instead.

0 Likes
Re: USELESS FIOS MOBILE APP
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Jon9 wrote:

What exactly is the point of this app? Just wasted an hour trying to watch a PBS show on my mobile device at home, including lengthy circular disucssion with a nice tech support agent who confirmed that the "watch now" channels available are very ltd and in fact ltd to channels I don't subscribe to. Just one more example of why I look forward to expriation of my account. Verizon could take the energy and money you now spend on pushing out a dazzling and confusing (bordering on deceptive, bait & switch) series of options and "tools" that represent poor value for the money, and try giving customers a user-friendly experience and fair value for their money instead.

I don't know why your experience is what it is but a limitation to subscribed channels only makes perfect sense.  You don't get anything for free in this world.  I have the Extreme package and use the FiOS Mobile app and can get over 90 channels outside my home and over 165 channels on my home network.  I don't get any local channels (those are limited to some markets on the East coast like New York) so I don't get PBS.  But PBS local channels stream archived programs over the Internet so I the live feed is pretty irrelevant to me anyway.

So the FiOS Mobile app is not useless and has a point for me.

0 Likes