Using Verizon Stream TV Soundbar to output audio from Fios set-top box
raffi1

I recently connected the Verizon Stream TV Soundbar to my TV. Able to download apps and view NetFlix and Hulu using the soundbar. When I return back to the Fios box, the sound comes out of the TV rather than the soundbar. Am I missing something? How do I get the Fios Settop box to output sound on the soundbar?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Verizon Stream TV Soundbar to output audio from Fios set-top box
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@raffi wrote:

I recently connected the Verizon Stream TV Soundbar to my TV. Able to download apps and view NetFlix and Hulu using the soundbar. When I return back to the Fios box, the sound comes out of the TV rather than the soundbar. Am I missing something? How do I get the Fios Settop box to output sound on the soundbar?

You should have the soundbar hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable that goes to the eARC port on the TV. The cable box goes to the TV via HDMI. Or you can send the cable box to the soundbar via HDMI, and hook the soundbar up to the TV using HDMI to the TV's eARC port.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@raffi wrote:

You should have the soundbar hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable that goes to the eARC port on the TV. The cable box goes to the TV via HDMI. Or you can send the cable box to the soundbar via HDMI, and hook the soundbar up to the TV using HDMI to the TV's eARC port.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes