Verizon contract is up and Comcast is knocking
mjkxr

So I've hit 1 year with Verizon FiOS Phone, Internet (10/2) & TV (ExtremeHD, Home Media DVR + HD STB) and Comcast came knocking yesterday to try to lure us back.  While I have desire to even consider it, my wife found their offer compelling.  They are offering Phone, Internet (16/2?) & TV (Comparable HD Package + HBO & Starz, 2 HD DVRs which the rep told her behave the same as the HMDVR, sharing content between them).  This comes at a monthly price of $89 for 1 full year, no contract required.  They guarantee a bill of under $100 including taxes.  We're about to jump $30/month for the HMDVR & ExtremeHD package which will bring us to about $145 before taxes.  The Comcast rep also claims we'll be hit with an increase related to the the "Package Line Credit".  I'd be interested to hear arguments either way.  What would I lose or gain by switching?  Does anybody have any guidance on who to talk to with Verizon to see what they'll do to keep us?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon contract is up and Comcast is knocking
LizJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before you switch, try going in on Verizon's site and review your package choices. You will likely be able to change to a promo package if you want - at least you won't have to switch everything out again to Comcast which is a pain, especially if you have internet access and will have to change your email addresses.Verizon seems to be pretty good about allowing you to switch to a new promo even if your contract isn't finished (much like cell phone providers do).

0 Likes