Verizon deals - mailers
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Why does Verizon keep sending me these awesome deals for the Triple Play that are for new customers only??? They get my hopes up and then I read the fine print. Please stop sending these to me Verizon. I have been a customer for yrs. Discontinue these. Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon deals - mailers
mk2717
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would think the bigger question is why Verizon only offers new customer deals and makes no effort to retain loyal customers.  I have been a triple play customer for many years.  In a time when providers are all reaching market saturation points, I would think retaining a loyal customer would be at least as important as winning a new customer.

My bill has increased from $110 (all fees included) to $210 for the same service.  And they only way to get my bill back down to $110 is to discontinue service for a minimum of 6 months and come back as a new customer.  In my area Comcast offers a very similar service for $89 ($100 all fees included) and they can install in 2-3 days.  I have been monitoring the Comcast forums and in my area they are providing great service.  Changing all my services is not something I do every 6 months so Verizon will lose me as a customer for at least the next 2-3 years.

But instead of retaining $4000 of the $7500 I would be paying Verizon over the next 3 years they would rather lose it all.  Seems like a very short sighted way to do business.  Especially when there is no guarantee I will ever come back. 

Any if you multiply my spend by the tens of thousands of residential customers that are begginning to see that same thing, this will become a very significant amount of revenue Verizon will be losing. 

View solution in original post

mk2717
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would think the bigger question is why Verizon only offers new customer deals and makes no effort to retain loyal customers.  I have been a triple play customer for many years.  In a time when providers are all reaching market saturation points, I would think retaining a loyal customer would be at least as important as winning a new customer.

My bill has increased from $110 (all fees included) to $210 for the same service.  And they only way to get my bill back down to $110 is to discontinue service for a minimum of 6 months and come back as a new customer.  In my area Comcast offers a very similar service for $89 ($100 all fees included) and they can install in 2-3 days.  I have been monitoring the Comcast forums and in my area they are providing great service.  Changing all my services is not something I do every 6 months so Verizon will lose me as a customer for at least the next 2-3 years.

But instead of retaining $4000 of the $7500 I would be paying Verizon over the next 3 years they would rather lose it all.  Seems like a very short sighted way to do business.  Especially when there is no guarantee I will ever come back. 

Any if you multiply my spend by the tens of thousands of residential customers that are begginning to see that same thing, this will become a very significant amount of revenue Verizon will be losing. 

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

I told this very thing to Cablevision when I left.  It is a very bad Paradigm.  From all cable company's.  I even told Cablevision to get me off their list and to never bother me. They said to bad and good bye.  They were willing to do nothing.  Of course they still send flyers and the occasional salesman. Which I ignore.  Of course one was persistent and caught me.  I gave him an earful. I was like you guys owe me a free year of service.  Provide that and I will come back.  Never heard from that salesman again. lol

I never understood why there is no retention loyalty program?  1 to 3 year level, 3 to 5 , 5 to 10 ect.  Each level gives you more and more.  When you reach 20 years you get best price and free hbo for life ect.

In a world where company's reward loyality.  Cable company's do not.

Sigh