Verizon FiOS Mobile App for Android not finding my STBs
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm at wit's end. Smiley Frustrated

I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit cell phone and downloaded the Verizon FiOS Mobile App so I could use the remote feature to change my STBs in my house in case I am unable to find the remote because someone put it in another place invisible, or if the cat decides to lay down and cover it. (Don't ask... she's an old cat and set in her ways.. if she feels happy with throwing the remote under the couch after knocking it off the table, I'm not going to argue with her.)

Anyhow, long story short, I logged in, clicked on the remote, and all of the boxes in the house do not show up as their rooms, as they are on the STB when I look at them, but as TW AP, or as 10EA59F3FE9. I don't know EITHER of these with those names!! I did some deductions to find that one of the four were my living room by going with their unit addresses, but even after that, it doesn't work at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I am wondering what I need to keep on the Device Management list. I noticed all of my listings show Verizon Media Manager Client, which I believe that is no longer in service?

0 Likes