Re: Verizon FIOS not allowing programs to be recorded on DVD recorder
dryden1

Verizon is playing dumb with all its customers. Support plays the game of rebooting the boxes. The answer is that the new boxes use iClould. You no longer have a hard drive. This is so customers can have more room to store movies that they record onto the DVR. Having said that by not having the hard drive in your house in the cable box Verizon now controls all that you watch record or own. Even movies you purchase and store are only yours while you have Verizon. So go buy the DVD. There will be no fix. Eventually even CNN will be blocked from recording. Fox New is blocked now. You can still record to a VHS tape recorder because it uses old technology. So if you have the old silver cable boxes and like to record. Keep them!! I did find out that Dish Network does allow you to record to DVD. They build their own boxes and do not block recording. But do we really want a dish?  Optimun uses iCloud also so the same problems are there too. Good luck and keep complaining to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS not allowing programs to be recorded on DVD recorder
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do have a hard drive for all recorded content.

Anything you schedule to record on Quantum is recorded on the hard drvie of the VMS.

Movies that are pruchased are stored in Verizon for access across multipel devices.

Verizon can still control what you record by setting the copy protection on the output of your STB.

Most DVD recorders will honor that copy protection and not allow recording of content being played.

I would suspect it is a matter of time before other providers will be required to block recordings as well.

I am still surprised that Tivo still allows users to save content to their PC (and I assume playback without a Tivo) allowing for sharing or recorded content.

0 Likes