Verizon FiOS TV stuck on initial download screen
roycejeeco21

Its been more than 24 hours now and it is still stuck on the "Initial download in progress, it takes about a minute" screen. I have resetted my DVR (Motorola QIP7232 2) By unplugging it for more than 30 seconds and plugging it back in, same thing happens. I have checked all of my splitters and coax cables, all are attached firmly and correctly if not my internet wouldn't even be working. I have also tried to contact through chat (which is down every time i try to connect) and also through phone (been stuck so long on hold that my phone battery died). Please help, i just want to watch river monsters 😞

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS TV stuck on initial download screen
roycejeeco21

Worst support ever. Chat has been down for more than 24 hours and still can't get a phone call in. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
YuriRadams

I have the same problem this morning. Plus my phone and Internet services are both down as well. After I called them and reset my main Verizon box, nothing has changed. And apparently, their technicians are not available until Monday. I wonder if Comcast will have a better response time...

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@YuriRadams wrote:

... I called them and reset my main Verizon box, nothing has changed ... their technicians are not available until Monday. I wonder if Comcast will have a better response time...

Would you like to know my guess based on over ten (10) years of Comcast "service"?  I don't believe you would.

0 Likes
JayAyPee

Same problem, but my FiOS TV has been done for more than 5 DAYS!  I have used the internet support services, the automated phone service agent and talked to an actual human, had the service in after 3 days.... Lots of promises no results!  Until now I have had no trouble with Verizon... But now I fully understand all of the complaints about the quality of Verizon service.  In addition to that I keep getting calls from Verizon asking if the problem has been resolved!  Fix it, then call me!

@roycejeeco21 wrote:

Its been more than 24 hours now and it is still stuck on the "Initial download in progress, it takes about a minute" screen. I have resetted my DVR (Motorola QIP7232 2) By unplugging it for more than 30 seconds and plugging it back in, same thing happens. I have checked all of my splitters and coax cables, all are attached firmly and correctly if not my internet wouldn't even be working. I have also tried to contact through chat (which is down every time i try to connect) and also through phone (been stuck so long on hold that my phone battery died). Please help, i just want to watch river monsters 😞

0 Likes