Verizon front end phone system for sales tech support etc
tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is the front end systen so problematic?   The wicked witch of the phone prompts either disconnects me or routs me to a number not in service.   It is next to impossble to get a tech on the phone when you really need it.  Fortunately once I get someone usually after 30-40 minutes of trying they are decent competent people.  I just spent two nights ont he phone..over 5 hours tryng to get my STB repaired.  Fortuneately I am getting a new one drop shipped.  by why did it take  2 days and that much of my time?     

So my question to you Verizon staff is...when will you repair the phoen system so it works and we get get tech suppoer when we need it? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon front end phone system for sales tech support etc
tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

No replies yet.. there is a surprise.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tjarger wrote:

No replies yet.. there is a surprise.

Well you can not expect an instant response from Verizon here. This is a peer to peer support community, where customers help customers. The best way to get Verizon from this page is through the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. If you need tech support, there is a 24/7 availability, which if I wait on hold, I have never had trouble contacting by phone. Also there are online chats available during certain hours. I hope your STB that ships resolves your issues. If you have something other users may be able to help you with, please do not hesitate to post it.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

PS. Perhaps you can find a better # or method of contact on this page.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I timed it once,  I called into the main VZ number, and I basically put my phone on mute (i noticed if the system heard anything in the background, it took it as me answering the questions)   and I did not click on any options.  so i just stayed silent, and what happened was after 2:30 seconds roughly the system gave up asking me questions, and it simply transfered me to a human.   I didn't get the right department but I was able to bypass the menu system that way.       I personally just smile and nod and go through the menu prompts if I can but if it's a wierd problem then I will just wait for a human and ask for the right department.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You can check for phone system prompt bypass methods at http://gethuman.com/.  Search for "Verizon FiOS."

tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried all of these things I still get disconected or routed to a non working number.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well are you calling 888 553 1555?    or 1 800 VERIZON  

those two numbers yield the same results for me,  if I Call in and put my phone on mute, after 2:30 it transfers me into the queue. 

prisaz
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

well are you calling 888 553 1555?    or 1 800 VERIZON  

those two numbers yield the same results for me,  if I Call in and put my phone on mute, after 2:30 it transfers me into the queue. 

Is that 2 min and 30 seconds? I would hate to think it was 2hours and 30 min.

0 Likes
tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mainly 888-553-1555, 800-Verizon and 888-438-3467 all  with same results.  I am thinking they are trying to push for business on the "premium support" services. 

0 Likes