Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Verizon Please fix this constant problem

Mces97
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon Please fix this constant problem

Message 1 of 3
(4,166 Views)
I love Fios TV, but the one qwirk I have with it is that at least a few times a week certain hd movies channels are out of sync with the audio and video. As I understand it HBO and Cinemax, and I think Starz broadcast in MPEG-4, but since most of the boxes Verizon use only support MPEG-2, Verizon does a conversion from one format to the other. I Believe this must be where the problem happens, and I think it shouldnt happen so much. Its unfair to customers who pay to have great service, to not be able to watch a channel and have to wait for this to be corrected. If this was a once in a while thing I wouldnt care that much, but because it happens so often I hope that Verizon catches on and fixes their conversion process or quality control. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
sgrant
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon Please fix this constant problem

Message 2 of 3
(3,852 Views)

i ALSO AM EXPERIENCEING OUT OF SYNC AUDIO..OR lIP fLAP AS WE CALL IT IN THE INDUSTRY;

i NEVRE EXPRIENCED THIS WITH cablevision WHICH i HAD FOR YEARS!

fios IS SO FAR BEHIND THE TIMES WHEN IT COMES TO GIVING A RELIABLE 24/7 SIGNAL.

I HAD FIOS FOR NEARLY 1 MONTH AND I HAVE NOT HAD A DAY WHERE THE SERVICE WAS  NOT GLITCHY..EITHR LOSING AUDIO, PICTURE, DVR LOCKING UP, AUDIO OUT OF SYNC, POOR REPAIR MEN AND SLOW CUSTOMER SUPPORT..

i AM LEAVING FIOS.....MOST OF YOU SHOULD RETHING THIS SERVICE WHICH IS SHABBY TO SAY THE LEAST!

zooky
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Verizon Please fix this constant problem

Message 3 of 3
(3,775 Views)
I also have this problem but it is mainly with ABC.  I believe this problem with ABC, not FIOS, as I had the same problem with ABC on DIRECT TV.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title