Verizon's DVR capacity is incompatible with today's Olympics. We need more storage. When?
notmyrealname

With less compression of the video stream, I have 1/2 the capacity that I had on Time Warner Cable's DVR. 

I need 200 hours of HD saved, not 20. 

When?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's DVR capacity is incompatible with today's Olympics. We need more storage. When?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Try using the search function.

This has been answered again, and again, and again, and again......

200 hours?  answer, NEVER

maybe this year it will double to 40 hours. It was reported that supposidly the 1st QTR of this year, Verizon would get new STB's made by Cisco. So far nothing has come out, but they are supposed to have 320gb hard drives, which is double what Verizon has now.

If you need more, your only choices are the 3rd party market. Tivo and Moxie for example. There are benefits and drawbacks to these but that is another thread (search)

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's DVR capacity is incompatible with today's Olympics. We need more storage. When?
10nisman94
Contributor - Level 1

Word on the street is that the Cisco boxes have been delayed. Formal testing has supposedly not begun yet. Reported estimate was another 3-6 months.

0 Likes
Stormwriter

I'm a new FIOS subscriber. And regrettably was naive to their DVR HD capacity atrocity.  Unfortunately so was my authorized installer who claimed to be giving me a 100 hr. recorder with 50 HD hrs. capacity.   When will Verizon  wake up and smell the burning coffee?  Spread the word bloggers, and stop burying the truth , Verizon!  And listen to your customers!

@10nisman94 wrote:

Word on the street is that the Cisco boxes have been delayed. Formal testing has supposedly not begun yet. Reported estimate was another 3-6 months.

0 Likes