VERIZON - Suggestions Please Read!
sshost

I currently have the SD DVR QIP2708.  I’m upgrading to the HD DVR and am not sure if these problems exist in the HD DVR, but would assume so.  I will find out tonight when it arrives.  These changes happened with the update that occurred in the Fall of 2008. 

1.  When you are watching a show and press the skip / next button (skips however far you have it set in the settings, ie 1 min, 5 mins), it doesn’t show the status bar (the box at the bottom of the screen that shows you your progress).  Unlike when you use the fast forward button.  It does the same in replay / previous.  

2.  When you are watching a show and are fast forwarding, if you press the skip / next button, it jumps however far you have it set, but doesn’t continue fast forwarding like it use to.  It stops unlike before, it would continue fast forwarding after it skiped.  This happened before the update and really miss this feature. 

Thank you! 

Curtis

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON - Suggestions Please Read!
sshost

Also, when you try to press the skip button more than once back to back real quickly, if you do it too fast,it doesn't go anywhere.  Before, you could hit the skip button as fast as you want and the DVR would keep up most of the time.  But NOW (after the fall update), if you don't wait a second or two, it doesn't work.  It is like it processes things slower now!  This feature is beneficial for when you are wanting to skip commericals, which is generally around 3 minutes and you have your skip feature set to go 1 minute ahead so you need to press it three times.  Being able to press the button more quickly and not have to wait a second or two before you can press it again would be VERY NICE to have again.

Curtis

0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

It would also be nice if Pause would hold when you change channels as it does with TiVo, DirecTV and Dish (and probably Comcast?).  With FiOS, you lose the Pause so when you come back to the channel you paused, it has jumped ahead to live.  The only way Pause works is if you stay on the same channel.  Makes this feature almost useless.  Why did Verizon set this up this way?  Makes no sense.  Any possibility this will be "corrected" in 1.6.1 or 1.7?

0 Likes
DMZ

Other annoying tidbits of the Fall 2008 update:

- With the box's display, I set it to Show Clock (except when changing channels of course) and it randomly reverts to showing the channel number only.  Every couple of days or so I have to go to Set Top Box settings and change it from Show Clock where I've had it Show Channel and then back to Show Clock.

- At times I could be watching TV and than all of a sudden I get a snowy picture while still retaining sound.  Turing the box power off and then back on solves THAT problem.

A call to FiOS tech support resulted in they're telling me these are known bugs with the last update and are being worked on.

Smiley Mad

Message Edited by DMZ on 01-29-2009 10:06 AM
Message Edited by DMZ on 01-29-2009 10:11 AM
0 Likes