VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
UpsetCustomer00

I have had Verizon for about a year and a half when I called to transfer my service into a new account. The agent never discussed there being a transfer charge and we set an appointment date. Before my appointment date arrived, I called in again because I was going to move to another address and needed to change the initial address. When doing so, the new agent mentioned thne $80 fee to transfer. I then asked how much it would be to cancel and just start as a new customer and so that i could also take advantage of new customer promotions; she then answered it would be $60 to cancel and I would in fact qualify for new customer promotions. I went ahead and cancelled. When i asked for the new quote she said that it would be about $20 more a month than the plan i had JUST cancelled about a minute earlier AND oops no new customer promotions!!! I have worked in a call center before and did not want to yell at her or anything so i asked if there was any way i could justget my plan back, she said no and  that pretty much it is what it is and there is no way around it. I then told her I would just shop around. I spoke to my roomate and we agreed that we were both satisfied with Verizon's services and I would rather stay with them (I did not even shop around or call one competitor.) I then call Verizon again in the new month to see if anything new has came out in regards to promotions, and there had not. I asked the agent how much it would be for the same service and he said a base of $79.99, i then said i was not paying $20 more for the same service i just had; he then said he could do $69.99 for the same exact service I just had (which made me wonder why he quoted me the original $79.99 but again i decided against being a problematic customer.) I told him i wanted to pay the same as what i had and he said it was just not possible so at this point i said i would just call back after shopping around (minus well since Verizon is not interested in keeping my business as i am on giving it to them.) He then asked me why i would even bother calling back then, so i answered because i was going to shop around first, so he went ahead and asked me again why woudl i call back again, so finally i answered "fine, i will not call back then." 

So at this point i am wondering if my account has been flagged or something so that every agent i speak to tries to lose by business as opposed to keeping it? I am extremey upset with the service and answers i have received and would like to continue being a Verizon customer at the price i was at OR better. 

0 Likes
Re: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi UpsetCustomer00,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes