Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
CeeZee

@ElizabethS wrote:

Hi CeeZee

Please go to the My Support Cases widget and open a dialogue with the agent again. That will re-open the case.

What is My Support Pages widget? I sent a PM to Shamika_VZ on September 16th who had me fill in some information via a link. I last heard from him on September  24th saying he was sorry I about the situation and they were working to resolve it as soon as possible. So at this point I am just waiting to hear about the resolution and the timeframe it will be resolved. That rep indicated that they had enough information from me. 

So I'm not very interested in opening another issue. The case must still be open. I just want to know what the heck is going on to resolve this....and when to expect a resolution.

0 Likes
JerryT
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is ridiculous and I"m tired of it. Just about every time I used the DVR after not having done so for a while at some point I will have the thing freeze for a minute before it works properly. And it seems no one at Verizon cares to do something to get if fixed. At the least we should all be given discounts for our frustration at having to put up with this every day.

0 Likes
FIOS-Dan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin, very well said on your previous post.  I share all your sentiments/concerns on this Verizon FIOS software bug.

I'm not sure what has been more painful/frustrating for me over the past couple of months; the record high CA gas prices or the Verizon FIOS channel lag issue.  With regards to the channel lag issue, I feel Verizon isn't telling us anything about it because it has become a much nastier bug to resolve than originally thought.  I can't think of a more higher priority FIOS software bug than this one at the current time, so this should be your highest priority task.

Verizon, we want details!!  We don't want you to tell us simply "We're working on it".  Most of us pay between $1000-$2000 a year for your services.  Certainly, you could enlighten us a little more than "we're working on it"!  We are your customers!!  Without us, you wouldn't be in business.  Don't take us for granted.

1. What is the problem?

2. Give us an estimate when you will have a fix.

I will be one of the first to thank you the day I'm able to turn on my 7232 FIOS receiver and not have a frozen screen upon simply changing a channel.

0 Likes
waynewilliams1
Verizon Techs can't fix the problem, how do you think your customer can do it. I was recording the VP Debate and and the recoreding stopped during the debate. Not very happy about that. Still have the problem that when I try to change to another channel, the Box shows the new channel number, and the TV shows the new channel number and it just sits there for 30sec to over a minute before it actually goes to the new channel. The Phone Tech did a complete reset of the box and updated the firmware and it seemed to help for a short period of time but it's as bad now as it was. I would like to have this problem resolved.  
0 Likes
waynewilliams1

Same problem here.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@FIOS-Dan wrote:

Justin, very well said on your previous post.  I share all your sentiments/concerns on this Verizon FIOS software bug.

I'm not sure what has been more painful/frustrating for me over the past couple of months; the record high CA gas prices or the Verizon FIOS channel lag issue.  With regards to the channel lag issue, I feel Verizon isn't telling us anything about it because it has become a much nastier bug to resolve than originally thought.  I can't think of a more higher priority FIOS software bug than this one at the current time, so this should be your highest priority task.

Verizon, we want details!!  We don't want you to tell us simply "We're working on it".  Most of us pay between $1000-$2000 a year for your services.  Certainly, you could enlighten us a little more than "we're working on it"!  We are your customers!!  Without us, you wouldn't be in business.  Don't take us for granted.

1. What is the problem?

2. Give us an estimate when you will have a fix.

I will be one of the first to thank you the day I'm able to turn on my 7232 FIOS receiver and not have a frozen screen upon simply changing a channel.

$2652 a year for me. Cisco boxes rule. For now.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

$3396 (including fees and taxes) for me for FiOS TV, Internet, Digital Voice, and Verizon cell phones ($2244 for just FiOS). Nary a problem with Digital Voice and cell phones, only minimal issues in 7 years with internet (mostly router issues), and abysmal TV Motorola DVR performance for the last several months. I can't get Cisco boxes here, not offered, but I don't really want them anyway, I just want my existing Motorola 7232 DVR to work as it should (and originally did).

The lack of fixes, information, and help from Verizon on this performance issue is beyond ridiculous IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

$3396 (including fees and taxes) for me for FiOS TV, Internet, Digital Voice, and Verizon cell phones ($2244 for just FiOS). Nary a problem with Digital Voice and cell phones, only minimal issues in 7 years with internet (mostly router issues), and abysmal TV Motorola DVR performance for the last several months. I can't get Cisco boxes here, not offered, but I don't really want them anyway, I just want my existing Motorola 7232 DVR to work as it should (and originally did).

The lack of fixes, information, and help from Verizon on this performance issue is beyond ridiculous IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

From the pictures of the multi tuner server, it looks like Motorola anyway, so I think those users are better off. Perhaps the new img is being worked on with a fix, at the same time the software for the server is prepping for release. One could hope so. Then again it could be they want a Motorola and Cisco server version release at the same time, to prevent other users from being unhappy.

Sorry,

If I added my ATT Cell phones the cost would go up another $3036 since I have four devices with voice and data at $253 a month. I spend way to much on this stuff. I would have moved to Verizon if my wireless deal would have given me a better price, but all my eggs in one basket? With Vodaphone it is not really a Quad Play? The share holders would love me though. MAYBE

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

$2652 a year for me ...

$3396 (including fees and taxes) for me for FiOS TV, Internet ... 

The lack of fixes, information, and help from Verizon on this performance issue is beyond ridiculous IMO ...

Phew!  Lotsa cash, and I also pay a high amount.  I justify at least some of the expense on the basis that (1) I no longer rent movies at a video store, (2) I no longer drive to the library for various research projects, (3) I have added many capabilities that would otherwise not be available, etc. 

Having said that, it is indeed the case that VZ has to stand up to the plate, acknowledge the issues, and generate a fix.  Acknowledgement of the issues, interim reports, and estimated completion dates would be very welcome.

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

so this doesn't affect Cisco DVR?  Why don't they send Cisco DVR out when there is a freezing problem?

0 Likes