Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
prisaz
Legend

@bob428 wrote:

so this doesn't affect Cisco DVR?  Why don't they send Cisco DVR out when there is a freezing problem?

It is not a realistic thing to do. That would be like asking Verizon to change out all the old SD QIP-2500 boxes at one time and not charge extra.

You must be in an area that supports the hardware, and also, all hardware in the home must be of the same type. Cisco is one revision behind the latest Motorola. Changing all hardware in a customers home is not a standard practice. And is not done. Unless possibly you are part of a testing phase or something. Cisco is only available in some areas, and it does have a few clitches of one type or another. I have had VOD freezing on occasion, but no channel changing issues. So the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Plus like mentioned, the pictures of the multi tuner server to be released soon, shows it as being Motorola. So most people want what they have to work, and not to change anything. I hope they come out with a Cisco version.Smiley Wink

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I started this thread a couple months ago and I have had time to think it over. It looks like this thread is starting to explode with anger and that's not what I intended. No-one is perfect and Verizon is entitled to make mistakes just like the rest of us. I'm certain they are working hard to correct this issue.

My suggestion to roll-back the IMG sounded good at first but it would negatively affect those that are not experiencing the problem we are. There are a few VZ employees as members here and I wish one would take the time to keep us up to speed - not just "we're working hard on it" over and over again. I'm sure they don't know the exact date the problem will be fixed and it makes sense to include the "patch" along with the next IMG rollout. While I don't like the box lag, I'll put up with it until they get it fixed. I enjoy VZ more than my old services and hope they can regain our trust and loyalty.

rbperrie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you say everyone makes mistakes, that is not the issue here and certainly not a reason for all the anger. The frustration and anger, me included, is how VZ is handling the situation. Even with the length of time it is taking there may be some frustration but not real anger. The anger here is how VZ is ignoring, playing dumb, putting customers through hoops of resets and DVR replacements, all while they know the cause. If they would fess up to the problem and as noted keep everyone well informed of the progress to a solution, I don't think there'd be much anger.

Justin46
Legend

@rbperrie wrote:

As you say everyone makes mistakes, that is not the issue here and certainly not a reason for all the anger. The frustration and anger, me included, is how VZ is handling the situation. Even with the length of time it is taking there may be some frustration but not real anger. The anger here is how VZ is ignoring, playing dumb, putting customers through hoops of resets and DVR replacements, all while they know the cause. If they would fess up to the problem and as noted keep everyone well informed of the progress to a solution, I don't think there'd be much anger.

Exactly to the point. It is not that they have a problem, it is how they are (not properly) handling it.

Apparently this has been a difficult problem to diagnose and fix: some people apparently see it, many others don't, some, like me, see it in spades on my DVR but not any other STBs, others see it on all of their STBs, some people apparently see it only after they first turn the STB on, I see it in spurts and I never turn my DVR off, etc., etc., etc. But Verizon sticking their head in the sand and not stepping up to formally acknowledge the problem, and not providing timely updates on when we will see a fix, is what is getting me madder and madder each day.

Please Verizon, it has been far too long, give us some hope that this problem will be fixed sometime soon!

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Deleted.  (This wonderful forum software posted a blank quoted reply even though I hit cancel.)

0 Likes
afoyle

Same issue here...very random when it happens, dvr,channel changing,on demand....

Called this morning they say it is a known issue...And my set top is one that is included in the known problem...Ok I get it theres a problem...But why could'nt they send a balnket e-mail or message to STB saying if you have this model this could be an issue...I find this forum and apparently its been an issue since August..So how in October is this still a known problem...

I just want to ask everyone here who has a job...If you encounter a problem at work, is it customary that your employer no matter what you do for a living, give you over two months to troubleshoot a problem and come to work day after after day just working on that one problem for two months...No they would'nt unless Verizon is the most understanding company in the world that lets people work at their own pace, and not have any accountabilities or productivity measures..

It may be a known issue, but no one is working on this, its deff not a team of people, its a backburner issue, that some guy maybe spends an hour a day looking into then going on to his other projects..There's no way a company should not keep people informed, the reason they only tell you this is to deal with hopefully one person at a time when they **bleep**, instead of notifying people and then causing a huge base of angry customers...more than just a few..

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@afoyle wrote:

... If you encounter a problem at work, is it customary that your employer no matter what you do for a living, give you over two months to troubleshoot a problem and come to work day after after day just working on that one problem for two months ... no one is working on this, its deff not a team of people, its a backburner issue, that some guy maybe spends an hour a day looking into then going on to his other projects...

Interesting analysis.  Please share with others here just how you have obtained your information, and also how you have verified it.  I for one would be very appreciative.  Best regards.

0 Likes
tjw363
Enthusiast - Level 3

read this entire thread and found it amusing ... obvious employee trolls from VZ under aliases saying folks are nuts ... some VZ employees under their real names giving the company stance on the situation .... but the truth is you get what you pay for.... WAIT A MINUTE!!!!... we are paying a lot and getting the run around!.... I'm a year  away from going to satellite and continuing with FIOS Internet and Voice, which are the best,  after my contract expires. The recent increase in equipment costs have soured me big time so why not go with companies who give you equipment for free and put up with the once in awhile storms.

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

I hate to break this to you all but this is not getting resolved anytime soon. As of right now from what is known, the issue is slated to be fixed in a future IMG release very early next year.

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not think rolling back the IMG release is a good idea.  The newest IMG fixed the problem with the picture continually breaking up.  In my opinion, that is a much bigger issue than the periodic dvr freeze.  This issue is more of an inconvenience.  The picture breaking up had a major impact on viewing. 

0 Likes