Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

According to another forum, the update is to the "Platform Version" and not the other numbers. The Platform Version is only visable in the hidden service menu.

To access this menu:

1 - Turn the TV & FIOS box on

2 - On the box itself, press: Pwr, OK, OK quickly - you should now have a white service menu screen

3 - Press the arrow down button to D08 and press OK

4 - Version Number 25.38 Apr 07, 2012 (old) > Version Number 25.39 Oct 22, 2012 (new)

5 - Press Pwr to exit this hidden menu

Some people have claimed to have received this new version and they say the channel change issue is fixed. This update is released according to your VHO (location).

The above info was taken from the DSLReports FIOS TV forum

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I will repeat what I have said here previously: I have the fix, I have had it for over a month now, and yes, at least for me, it has fixed the problem.

And yes, the fix is apparently being distributed to one or a few VHOs at a time. Multiple VHOs have already received the fix, others will get it over time, hopefully quickly, because the problem is a real annoyance, as we all know.

It really is pointless to keep posting here complaining about the problem or asking about a solution, Verizon knows there is a problem, they have developed a fix, and it is being distributed. You will get it automatically, there is no need for anybody to do anything (other than I guess to sit back and wait, complaining here or calling tech support will not speed the process up).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Rudy811

I will add that I have not noticed the problem in about three or four weeks in any of our three boxes.  I am also in North Texas and they seem to have updated our boxes. So, VZ is apperently working on the issue.  I know how frustrating this has been, but to their credit, at least they are working on the problem.

BTW, I finally figured out how to get into my hidden menu.  In my box, turned on the tv and box.  Turned off the box with my remote and then hit ok, ok to get the white menu.

D8 indicated platform version 25.39, Oct 22 2012.

0 Likes
michlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no fix!!! Verizon doesn't seem to give a **bleep**. The 1.9.1 image has not been updated. Worse TV service imagineable. This started with the rollout of version 1.9.1 during this past summer. I'm not holding my breathe for a fix, but I am aggravated as hell. When my contract iss up I will dump Verizon faster than a New York minute.

0 Likes
rbperrie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Checked and here in west Philly we're still 25.38 yet there has been a big improvement over the past month with the issue only being on start up. Do hope 25.39 will finally make this issue go away for good.

0 Likes
michlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so it isn't the 1.9.1 image version. The problem persists. **bleep**!

0 Likes
rbperrie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

michlin, I was were you are about a month ago. I was spitting nails at VZ as all I got was run around after run around and with each DVR change losing all my recording on my external drive. Trust me the only reason I'm still with VZ is my wife doesn't want to lose all the recordings yet a third time and have to learn a new channel lineup. I'm still working on her so there's till hope. VZ customer service has been pitiful through the whole process.

VZ needs to wise up and understand with internet movies VOD is not the draw it used to be so customer service is important to keeping customers. We'll see......I guess I'm just an optimist.

0 Likes
danthesasman

The only thing slower than changing channels is getting this problem fixed. 

Come on Verizon, what about customer service? Have you ever heard of it????

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

You are so WRONG. It's great that Verizon knows about the problem but many of us have had the problem for over a month and it's NOT BEING fixed.

Why would I be happy waiting weeks for something to be resolved. Now I try to plan ahead to change channels but waiting from 20 - 40 seconds for a channel change is crazy.

I just want it fixed.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

It appears they've updated VH02 (Florida).  I haven't had the problem for several weeks now.

0 Likes