Video and sound interupting every minute or so.
Kevin9019

I am so aggrivated with my service. The picture and sound drop out and back on every minute or so. It happens so much it is impossible to watch television comfortably. I have tried using HDMI cale and have tried installing standard cabeling. I am still in my contract and need help. I sent emails to Verizon and got back generic emails. I have talked to friends around the country and they have the same problem. I can't believe that Verizon is so lax about doing something about this. People have the right to expect a better level of service than this especially for what the service costs every month. I would switch to directv but when I asked about that today I was only given the ability to change my programming within the FIOS service.

0 Likes
Re: Video and sound interupting every minute or so.
unhappy4x

join the club until contract is up your stuck and careful with direct tv verizon has hand in that to!!!!!!! I get tileing and picture scramble and sound loss had tec in house he blamed my tv or hdmi cable so i had to hook up there componet cable so i could have same problem don't get it???????

0 Likes
unhappy4x

very poor quality picture on non hd channels also!!!!!!!especally the local channels.

0 Likes
bdh716

I'm having the same problem.  I checked on other entries in the forum and apparently you have to change the feed from 1080i to 720p.  That's not a very good solution though since Verizon advertises "crystal clear HD in full 1080i."  There have been alot of other posts about this but nobody from Verizon has ever responded.  Is there any word on this from Verizon on when they will fix this?  I must say the problem is very frustrating and makes it almost impossible to watch TV without getting angry.  I never had this problem with Comcast. 

Again, Verizon, is there a solution to this problem that does not involve downgrading your HD feed? 

0 Likes
clemenko

I have the same issue with a 7216 box. I have seen reports that IMG 1.& will help fix this. However there is nothing confirmed. And I am still running version 1.6.2.

Verizon, are you going to address this issue? Or shallwe all go back to Comcast?

0 Likes
Fairfax

I have the same problem, but it is limited to the HD box and primarily channel 504 (NBC HD in the metro DC area).  I noticed this over the weekend while watching SNL, but it is not consistent.  We have a Samsung plasma with an Onkyo AV receiver with HDMI connections across the board.

Calls to Verizon have not yielded anything of value.

0 Likes
mmcglynncg

Had similar problem on 12/19 when viewing Star Trek on VOD.  That money was wasted.  Never really had any other problem, other than the slow responsiveness when playing content on STB in different room than HM DVR.  Hopefully Verizon tech provides answers on this forum for the rest of us to learn.

0 Likes