VMS1100 Audio Dropouts
roncoarl

I had FIOS installed in July 2015. The whole time,  I have been experiencing fairly frequent (every 2-5 minutes) audio dropouts of approximately 1 second when viewing TV through the VMS1100 DVR. I have seen this behavior in live as well as recorded programming, though it  seems that the issue does not recur at the same point in a recording if I rewind and replay. Some programs, such as live sports, seem to display the problem more commonly.

The audio is connected to a Yamaha audio receiver, and I have tried using both HDMI and, currently, optical digital output from the VMS1100. I do not have similar problems when using other devices connected via HDMI to the Yamaha receiver.

0 Likes
Re: VMS1100 Audio Dropouts
pappasbike
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had FiOS set up about 3 weeks ago now with the VMS 1100 also. I've noticed the intermittent but frequent drop outs also. It's very short, maybe even less than a second. I could almost believe I imagined it if it didn't occur so frequently. 

It's interesting that you mention Yamaha. I have the tv connected by optical cable to a Yamaha sound bar and the DVR connected to my Sony tv by HDMI. I also have an Apple TV connected to the tv but never notice any audio issues with the Yamaha. It seems to occur more so with certain networks. So it may be more of a network issue than a local equipment issue. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried, as the previous user noted, to go direct HDMI to TV.

Then, if TV has an optical out, go from TV to soundbar?

Should work the other way, but this may be a sutiable workaround.

I have a Samsung soundbar and hooked it up this way because soundbar only has 1 HDMI input. So to get sound on all devices connected to TV, I had to do it that way.

0 Likes
jas2dx

I'm having the same issue with a new AVR. Was this ever resolved? How so? Thanks! 

0 Likes
DomJohn78

I have been experiencing the same issue - audio dropout on the Arris DVR box installed Dec 2016.  Had Optimum for years and no issues...SMH 

Set up I have several HDMI AV sources routed through a Denon AVR which is connected to my TV via HDMI.  The drop outs are intermittent (on the Fios box only) and seem to be on network TV (channel 2,4,7 etc.) but i have experienced it on other channels as well.  I don't believe it has happened on premium channels - HBO, Showtime etc.  

Its definitely an STB issue, however is it related to the broadcast as well? 

Any constructive feedback or solutions appreciated.  

0 Likes