VOD is SO OBNOXIOUSLY SLOW!
jemjmm710

I have been having severe issues with my VOD services for months now and nothing seems to fix it. Ever since Verizon did their software update my VOD service is so slow that I can't even find the patience to use it anymore. It takes a solid 15-30 seconds between each scroll. I have literally spent over an hour at times just going through the premium channels to find a movie to watch. Its also important to note that its not sometimes slow, its ALWAYS slow. I have spoken to customer support and they told me to reset my router; I did that and nothing. Then I was told I needed to get a new box. I spent an hour waiting in line at the Verizon store to exchange my box and nope, that didn't solve the issue. I have everything plugged in properly, I even reset the router after the new box was set up and it's no faster than it was before.  It's almost like the VOD is connected to an ancient dial-up internet connection! I've been using the same service for the past 3 years and didn't begin experiencing these issues until around November/December. My internet connection is perfect but the TV issue is so annoying that I'm about to cancel and switch to Comcast. I spend $150 per month on my tv and internet bundle...IT SHOULD WORK FLAWLESSLY. Does anyone know how to fix this or what the problem could be??? PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
Re: VOD is SO OBNOXIOUSLY SLOW!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the Video on Demand. What model box do you have?

0 Likes
Re: VOD is SO OBNOXIOUSLY SLOW!
boutym

I just made a similar post.  Everything on my DVR has gotten painfully slow after this stupid update.

0 Likes