VOD Movie Rentals, Can only watch on the box you rent it on
autitania

While I now know this is the case, I do think Verizon should look into this.  I don't know about a lot of you, but I sometimes will order a movie later in the night...mabye it's been a long day and alas, I fall asleep.  This normally means that when I get up in the moring I'll watch the movie again (after all I've paid $5) from my bedroom this time.  We'll, with FIOs you can't do this.  I did this just the other day and called FIOS when I realized I was going to be charged $5 again.  My roomates, also have this problem, they'll rent a movie in their room and then we all decide to watch it together later on. 

I feel if we pay $5 for a movie, we should have the option to watch it on any of our boxes.  With the costs associated, $15 per box plus the $5 for the movie, customers are paying a pretty penny for these services.  I know when I lived in TN and had comcast I could watch anything on any box. 

Other customers...what are your thoughts.

0 Likes
Re: VOD Movie Rentals, Can only watch on the box you rent it on
prisaz
Legend

@autitania wrote:

While I now know this is the case, I do think Verizon should look into this.  I don't know about a lot of you, but I sometimes will order a movie later in the night...mabye it's been a long day and alas, I fall asleep.  This normally means that when I get up in the moring I'll watch the movie again (after all I've paid $5) from my bedroom this time.  We'll, with FIOs you can't do this.  I did this just the other day and called FIOS when I realized I was going to be charged $5 again.  My roomates, also have this problem, they'll rent a movie in their room and then we all decide to watch it together later on. 

I feel if we pay $5 for a movie, we should have the option to watch it on any of our boxes.  With the costs associated, $15 per box plus the $5 for the movie, customers are paying a pretty penny for these services.  I know when I lived in TN and had comcast I could watch anything on any box. 

Other customers...what are your thoughts.

I agree. I know the billing is done by STB ID. It would require them to enable purchases to be viewed on all the box IDs registered to your location. Seems doable, but I could see a whole host of issues. Such as duplicate billing. This one would require a lot of testing. I can see us now saying to billing that I didn't order it from 5 TVs.Smiley Wink
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-01-2009 06:14 AM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The cable compnaies do this easily, I don't know Verizon can't figure it out. For now, if you know in advance you want to see a movie, you can call in and order it and they will activate it on all STB's without ordering thru the remote, but who wants to wait on hold for 30 minutes?
0 Likes
autitania
I didn't know you could call a movie in.  I agree...who wants to be on hold forever!  I'd rather run over to the blockbuster.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@autitania wrote:
I didn't know you could call a movie in.  I agree...who wants to be on hold forever!  I'd rather run over to the blockbuster.
Redbox is only $1.Smiley Wink
0 Likes