VOD sound and video quality are horrible!
Arlington01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until Verizon figures out how to fix their video-on-demand service, we are done.  We watched La La Land last night and the experience was awful.  The sound quality was atrocious, and the picture kept pixelating.  I did a little Internet sleuthing today and we are not alone - this is a common, recurring problem going back quite a while that Verizon has not yet fixed.  Until they do, no more video-on-demand for us.  We will stick with Netflix and Amazon (both of which are consistently far superior in quality).

Re: VOD sound and video quality are horrible!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it happen on more than 1 TV?

What model STB do you have?

I have watched quite a few on demand (both free and paid) generally with no issues.

Occasionally, I will notice a few bad instances, but they clear up.

If you paid for the movie, contact support to get a refund.

0 Likes
Del42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its may 2018 and FiOS is no better. The sound is beyond horrible. Amazon Prime and Netflix is 100 times better. Even comcast knows how to broadcast movies in 5.1. Fios is not capable. I'm done renting ever again from FiOS and will be dropping their service .

jglaserjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues, terrible quality image from FIOS for years. Last night we tried to watch 'IT' and the image was so pixelated it was unwatchable. I've got a newer LG OLED TV, image quality is fabulous from any source other than Verizon Fios.  

0 Likes