VOD sound
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I tried to watch a free VOD movie, there was background sound on the movie but you couldn't hear the peoples voices. Very strange . I tried it on other TV's in the house with the same result.

0 Likes
Re: VOD sound
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What movie? And do you have the same issue with other VOD?

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I tried free movies on Sony Movie Channel / Last Summer and Kill For Me . Both had no voices. If anyone else has the time to give it a quick try let me know if it was the same for you Thanks

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Had the same issue with both movies.
Voices are over ridden by the soundtrack.

0 Likes
Weird audio with On-Demand
groggy

When selecting a movie On-Demand from the Sony Movies channel, there is no sound from the actors in the movie, but music, all background sound, etc., is present.  Just the actor's voices are missing.  I didn't try all possible channels, but some work correctly, some don't.  ????

0 Likes
Re: Weird audio with On-Demand
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I would hope Verizon will take care of this before I pay for a movie and get the same result.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doubtful it is a Verizon issue.

It is an issue with content provider.

I have never had an issue like that with VOD (either pay or free).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hitmehhh wrote:

I would hope Verizon will take care of this before I pay for a movie and get the same result.

It is not a common problem.  It may be Sony's problem.  I posted a problem record with SONY Movie Channel to see what they say.  If someone feels like spending some time you could try posting with Verizon.  Remember these forums are peer to peer and not a way to contact Verizon about a problem.

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I sent Sony an email also. Just to make them aware.

0 Likes