Volume goes out after 'low-volume' commercials
klb4n6

I recently replaced my DVR, and ever since whenever I'm watching something, if a commercial comes on with a lower volume than the tv show or the rest of the commercials, once that commercial ends the volume on my television is completely off.  Using the volume buttons on the remote (FiOS or the one that came with the television) does nothing.  I have to turn off the television and turn it back on, and then the volume is back.  It's gotten fairly annoying.

The commercials are almost always the local low-quality commercials, though last night it happened when a FiOS On-Demand commercial came on.  I can't figure out what the problem is.

I have a Motorola DVR, it's not one of the multi-room or Quantum ones.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Volume goes out after 'low-volume' commercials
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

That's curious.  When you say you "turn off the TV" are you actually turning off the box?

~Eva

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@klb4n6 wrote:

I recently replaced my DVR, and ever since whenever I'm watching something, if a commercial comes on with a lower volume than the tv show or the rest of the commercials, once that commercial ends the volume on my television is completely off.  Using the volume buttons on the remote (FiOS or the one that came with the television) does nothing.  I have to turn off the television and turn it back on, and then the volume is back.  It's gotten fairly annoying.

The commercials are almost always the local low-quality commercials, though last night it happened when a FiOS On-Demand commercial came on.  I can't figure out what the problem is.

I have a Motorola DVR, it's not one of the multi-room or Quantum ones.

Thanks in advance.

The FiOS On-Demand commercial is actually a locally-inserted commercial just like other "local" commercials.  So what you're seeing is consistent.  I've had the same situation except the audio just cuts out for the specific station where the inserted commercial starts.  It then stays out for that station only and then usually comes back when the next commercial break is inserted.

I'll pass this onto a contact I have and see what type of response I get.

0 Likes
klb4n6

@Verizon_Support wrote:

That's curious.  When you say you "turn off the TV" are you actually turning off the box?

~Eva

No, I turn off the actual television.  I don't have to turn off the box.  I know that indicates it's my tv, but I never had any problem like this at all until we got the new DVR.

0 Likes
klb4n6

@PJL wrote:
The FiOS On-Demand commercial is actually a locally-inserted commercial just like other "local" commercials.  So what you're seeing is consistent.  I've had the same situation except the audio just cuts out for the specific station where the inserted commercial starts.  It then stays out for that station only and then usually comes back when the next commercial break is inserted.

I'll pass this onto a contact I have and see what type of response I get.

Thank you!  I don't remember if we've tried changing the channel to see if it comes back.  Next time it happens I'll give that a shot too.

0 Likes