Volume variation between channels
Joe624
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the last couple of months, have been experiencing some channels with very low volume levels. Here in the North Jersey area, specifically local channel 5 (WNEW), the History Channel; and the subsidiary of local channel 11, TBD network. Have not gone through the entire channel listings, although I'd probably find more in channels i don't normally tune to. Quite annoying when switching from one of the low output channels to have the audio blaring at you. It's like the days of old when the commercials would come on at twice the volume. This is not a single set issue; I have 5 STB's, and the issue is the same on all although to my ears it does seem a bit more intrusive on the server. However, I write that off in that it could be in part to the sensitivity of the soundbar on the particular set.

Anyone else experiencing a problem of this type? I've had Fios going on probably 5-6 years and this is the first time I've experienced the issue. And yes, I have been all over the audio settings; no matter the choice, there's still a volume disparity.

0 Likes
Re: Volume variation between channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's based ont he content providers not FIOS.
They have no control over the volume level of a program.

0 Likes