Vz FIOS boxes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 Boxes from Vz. 1 is the Motorlloa DVR & the other is a reg. STB. With Canblevision you could get the box to work like a VCR here it could be programed to switch to a certian chanel at a certian time. Those were Scientific America Boxes.   I called Vz to ask if they had a box that worked this way.

1 rep. told me to set it on the non recorder and it should change the color of the program in the guide. All that did was set a reminder. Nothing more.

When I called back another rep. didn't even know there were boxes that did what I described. He said Vz has no such box. But he would note it for the people who look into requests from customers... Does anyone know if Vz does indeed make such a box. It works great w/VCR's that are always on ch. 3 to record.

0 Likes
Re: Vz FIOS boxes
PJL
Master - Level 3
The "reminder" function you describe is not currently possible.  I've read elsewhere that it may be included in a future upgrade.
0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2
PJL.. not sure what you mean The "reminder" function you describe is not currently possible.  I've read elsewhere that it may be included in a future upgrade.

Reminder works on the non recorder box. But all it does is tell you you have set a reminder to watch somethng. Unless you mean the vcr like

functionallity will be a future upgrade? Thanks for the coment though. 

0 Likes
badmessanger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently, the only way to do what you are describing, would be to turn the box on, and tune to the channel you will record.... then set the VCR to record at the time you want

I too have had other providers and the non-DVR would indeed have the feature you described

but also remember Verizon is still pretty new to the TV game, and are still working on their interactive guide... I bet that future upgrades will have the feature you want

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2
That is exactly right. That is what I was trying to explain to them. Funny thing is the rep I had that told me use remider said it exactly as the SA box did . So I thought i may have missed somethig. Then I saw she was in error.
0 Likes