watching hd channel picture goes dark
redhat

watching on sony hd tv using verizon hd settopbox and fios,the picture goes dark on the channel i am watching, slight hesitation and sound returns but not the picture. i change channe to get the picture back then it happens again over and over no matter what channel. i use hdmi cable from settopbox to tv. i ran fios diagnostic and i got "DNS :Failed" but not sure that applies to tv service. also  i can use sony remote to go to menu  etc and get that picture so i am not sure it is a tv set problem.

thoughts on what is happening and the problem/solution?

0 Likes
Re: watching hd channel picture goes dark
JayMartin
I have the same thing happening since Dec 27.  Customer Service keeps telling me I have "channels" out in my area, but they're the ones I usually  watch.  I suspect my local NBC, FOX and ABC are not "out" but they just don't know what they're talking about.  Finally got them to send me another box that should be here Monday but that took two weeks and 5 phone calls.  Completely unsatisfactory customer service!  I'm preparing to submit a complaint to the better business bureau.  Those JD Power commercials Verizon is putting up are a complete farce.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Pull the power from the back of the box, that will power cycle it. Plug the power back in. Once the box resets see if it happens again. If it does you probably will need a field to come out and check your signals.
0 Likes
redhat

thanx for both responses-sony had be power down both the tv and the hd settop box and the  problem went away till 27

dec and it occurred again. now it is happening sometimes. is there any chance it is the tv in as much as i still get "picture"

when i use the sony remote to go to "menu" and various icons show up.

also when i ran the fios diagnostic using the verizon remote, i get a "DNS :failed" message - is that message mean

anything as far as tv reception is concerned?

thanx

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
I seem to remember reading that everyone gets DNS Fail (I know I do) unless you have MultiRoom DVR service.
0 Likes