Web Remote DVR with two set-top boxes
Rob_P_

I'd like to access one or both of the two DVRs I have from the web so I can setup recordings when I am not at home.   When I login to FIOS TV Central it recognizes my two QIP6416 HD DVRs.  However, If I go to TV listings I do not get any option to record.     I think it is because I have two DVR boxes and it does not know how to handle more than one.  

If at the TV remote control I do a MENU button > Settings on the TV I see "FIOS TV Remote DVR" as an option on one of the DVR's but I do not see that option on the other DVR which makes me wonder if they should both have the option.   Maybe if they both don't have the option then it is not activated.

Also, if at the TV remote control I do a MENU button > Settings > FIOS TV Remote DVR > Web Access, press OK to enter Parental Control PIN.... it says "Status:  Not Activated.   To access the web site, go to http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral/   LoginID: <my login id> (verizon.net)    Confirmation Code: <9999999999>"   I can't figure out how to use that confirmation code for web access.  Maybe that could activate it.   Don't see anything on fios tv central that asks for it.  

Any help on these issues would be much appreciated.     I've been through verizon tech support three times now and haven't gotten a solution.   They have remoted into my laptop to see what I see and do not have a solution.   They are escalating it at this point.

0 Likes