What happened to "Subscribed channels" mode?
russell734
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to be able to filter the guide so that it only displayed channels I subscribe to. Now it shows everything, regardless of the mode setting. Rebooting the box has no effect. I have a Cisco box running 1.9 build 12.40.

Re: What happened to "Subscribed channels" mode?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

double check "last guide state" 

menu > settings > television > "last guide state" and enable.  

then try the guide with subscribed channels,  exit the guide, and go back to it.

MacTechPro
I am having the same problem to. Selecting subscribed channels still shows all the channels even after a reset.
0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine quit working also.  Any work around.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Did you guys select last guide state and enable? Without that, the menu wont remember subscribed channel selection.
0 Likes
MacTechPro
That's done. Even when you're browsing the guide and go to options>subscribed channels, it still shows all the channels. It's not that it doesn't hold the settings, it just doesn't work at all.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

oooooooooooooooo   now thats a different matter.  I would try the quick fix on the website at www.verizon.com/repair

and then after it's done - see if it fixed it.   

if it didn't then i would try the autoifix by clicking menu > customer support < in home agent > auto correct set top box

if both those failed, I would call tech support or do an online chat, and see if it's a known issue.     definetely report back here if you could.  It was working for me earlier today FWIW

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reset did nothing. Called Verizon and the tech did not even know that you could change the guide to subscribed channels only.  He reset the box and again no luck.  He mentioned that there was a guide update several days ago and that something must have gotten screwed up.  He called the support team above him and they said that it is a localized issue that they are aware of.  They are working on a update. They don't know when or if this will occur.  I would suggest that all people affected with this glitch call verizon and request a solution.  Have not been real enthused with FIOS TV since we signed up.  Any moderators that want to escalate this?

0 Likes
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing here, its really driving me nuts. It seems like we've been getting forced Nav updates every week too since there was a wide-spread outage in my area 2 weeks ago. I cannot stand having to scroll through tons of channels I don't get plus the VOD drop-ins. I've done countless resets and auto-fixes. 

There is absolutely no reason why I should have to go through the trouble of creating a favorite channels list just to work-around this problem. Especially since it will just get wiped out the next time they push some usless update down to my STBs.

Really, really, really annoying. I wish they would just get their act together and fix this garbage.

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess they figured it out.  Subscribe channel mode is working today.  Hope everyone can have the same result. You might have to call them to get some action.  Took less than 24 hours to fix.

0 Likes