Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

What is with the 7 and 8 second recordings?

WeinerDog
Contributor
Contributor

What is with the 7 and 8 second recordings?

Message 1 of 4
(4,377 Views)
They show up in almost every series recorded.  The DVR records only 7 or 8 seconds of a show and sometimes also records the entire show seperately.  It is a pain to delete these - when you go to the listing it takes about 15 seconds for each move.  Anyone know?
3 REPLIES 3
CSimpson
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: What is with the 7 and 8 second recordings?

Message 2 of 4
(4,336 Views)

Is your DVR resetting itself?

This only happens to us when the DVR randomly resets itself.  It may happen once or twice a week for us and it's certainly annoying. 

CMO
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,320 Views)

On my system, this only occurs if a channel is "currently unavailable" even though you should be receiving it.  This happens from time to time and is a software glitch that Verizon claims to know about and is working out a solution.  What happens is that the DVR sees that the channel you are recording is not available, then switches to the other tuner and sees the same issue.  That's why I get one 7 second recording and then a seperate 8 second recording.

I usually pull the plug on my DVR for about a minute every other day and the problem goes away.

Message Edited by CMO on 11-03-2008 03:22 PM
WeinerDog
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(4,318 Views)

That makes sense - currently at least 1/2 of the channels are "unavailable" (thankfully we have a dvd player).

{please keep your posts courteous}

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 11-03-2008 03:30 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title