What is with the 7 and 8 second recordings?
WeinerDog
They show up in almost every series recorded.  The DVR records only 7 or 8 seconds of a show and sometimes also records the entire show seperately.  It is a pain to delete these - when you go to the listing it takes about 15 seconds for each move.  Anyone know?
0 Likes
Re: What is with the 7 and 8 second recordings?
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Is your DVR resetting itself?

This only happens to us when the DVR randomly resets itself.  It may happen once or twice a week for us and it's certainly annoying. 

0 Likes
CMO

On my system, this only occurs if a channel is "currently unavailable" even though you should be receiving it.  This happens from time to time and is a software glitch that Verizon claims to know about and is working out a solution.  What happens is that the DVR sees that the channel you are recording is not available, then switches to the other tuner and sees the same issue.  That's why I get one 7 second recording and then a seperate 8 second recording.

I usually pull the plug on my DVR for about a minute every other day and the problem goes away.

Message Edited by CMO on 11-03-2008 03:22 PM
0 Likes
WeinerDog

That makes sense - currently at least 1/2 of the channels are "unavailable" (thankfully we have a dvd player).

{please keep your posts courteous}

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 11-03-2008 03:30 PM
0 Likes