When can NFL Red Zone be enabled?
EvanVanVan
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will NFL Red Zone be available to be activated?  I want to avoid all the problems from last year when everyone was trying to activate it at the same time on the first sunday.  Last year Verizon sent out the email on 8/25 telling people to activate (clearly no uses Verizon's email lol).  I just went to the channel and it's still not enabled.

0 Likes
Re: When can NFL Red Zone be enabled?
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also had this issue last year. Would someone from VZ care to enlighten us?

0 Likes
greyboy99

Same here - I'm trying to add Red Zone but get "We're sorry but this channel is not available" when trying to add online. When I try from my TV, it also says unavailable.  What gives Verizon??

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe the Red Zone is VZ's version of the Twilight Zone?  Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
EvanVanVan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they said if I "self-activated" last year, I wouldn't need to do it again this year.  Which is strange since last year wasn't my first year with Red Zone, but I guess I'll find out in a couple days if it's good to go or not.

0 Likes
EvanVanVan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm pretty sure Red Zone is not going to start working at 1 o'clock. Instead of the Red Zone channel's normal 7 hour (1pm-8pm) "NFL Football" program (that's designated as a "new" program in the info), there is the same repeating 2 hour "place holder" programs all day long.

At least this year I bought the Madden 25 Anniversary edition for $100 so I get DirecTV's real NFL Sunday Ticket on my computers, tablets and phone. Its still annoying because I'd like the Red Zone on my TV I'm the background.

EDIT: Annnnndddd, never mind.  The channel is working already.  Good.  It's still not designated as new/(won't auto record with my series manager), but it IS working.

0 Likes