when change channels audio stuck in loop
ranchfrog

Starting yesterday when I change channels on the HD FIOS box- the channels change immediately as usual but the last sentence of the channel audio previous channel loops and repeats for about 7-8 seconds. Once it stops, the audio on the new channel is out of sync. If I change channels again- it corrects iteself.  I can usually change about 3-4 more channels and evertything is normal, however it will start up again. This is not a picture problem- just audio as descrived above.

I have unplugged the HDMI- the cable from the wall to the unit- and uplugged the power to the HD unit yesterday (did not matter) and today (Did not matter).  Could the HD box need to be replaced?  I have an HD DVR downstairs and there is no problem on that system down stairs.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: when change channels audio stuck in loop
birdie5

I have a similar problem when I skip forward or back on live and recorded programs. The audio is not in sync with the video. The only way to get it back in sync is to turn the box off and back on.

0 Likes
ranchfrogs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I troubleshooted my problem extensively...and in my case it was the TV. A brand new Vizio LED 40" M series that was causing the problem.  Vizios and FIOS audio via HDMI seem to have problems in my opinion.

0 Likes
Simonh
I had the same issue with my verizon stb and a vizio m-series. I tried switching audio output to L-PCM suggested by hubo_vz here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Vizio-with-no-HD-audio/td-p/272841

That fixed it for me.
0 Likes
FrustratedUser22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this will help, but did you try going into the DVR customer support menus and selecting the item called Fix Common STB/DVR issues?   This can correct a lot of audio & video issues on a DVR.  You will have to hunt for this menu item since Verizon for some reason keeps moving it around and renaming it every few months.  It will take 5 - 10 minutes to run and will reboot your DVR (perhaps a couple of times).

I don't recommend pulling the plug on a Verizon DVR since you will likely cause more damage to the DVR hard drive.  The Verizon DVR is always recording your current channel even when it is in screensaver mode.  When you pull the plug, it may cause the recording head on the hard drive to become damaged or damage the recording surface since the drive head is not properly parked when it loses power.  At best you will corrupt the filesystem  on the hard drive.  Try the Fix Common DVR Issues app a couple of times before pulling the plug.   Pulling the plug should be the absolute last resort.

0 Likes
Stingraydude
I had the very same issue with QIP-7232 STB and Vizio M-series TV. When changing channels audio would hang/loop and continue briefly even when STB was powered off. Was thrown off of pursuit at first because The STB AND the tv both updated firmware within days of each other. Seemed to not occur until TV update, so I went after Vizio. Excellent support on their behalf although only final fix was to replace main board on tv via in-home repair. Was suggested by them to try switching from HDMI to composite connections. This DID resolve audio hang/loop issue. I was feeling better at that point then scoured the forums and found this series of posts. It would seem that STB update was the culprit. Changed audio setting to L-PCM and switched back to HDMI cable. FIXED. no further issues to report. Relayed fixed to Vizio tech support in hopes that they don't have everyone swapping out boards to fix simple problem. Thanks to all for help on this .
0 Likes
ranchfrog

Thanks.  I wish these posts would have come earlier particulary the "how to" to get into the hidden menu., I tried it with some instructions online, but it must have been older since I could not get into the specific menu on the Verizon box to fix the audio.  I called Verizon and they did not know about any hidden menu to access the audio change on the box. I enbded up taking the Vizio back and getting a Samsung.  No problems with the Samsung,.

0 Likes