When will Verizon deploy the new M series cable cards.
Davefred99

I have read that verizon will be switching over to the newer multistream M series cable cards. When can we expect them to be available and also will the cost be the same as the current s cards.

On  the same note why is Verizon charging $3.98 each for the current s cards whrn most cable companies only charge about $2~$3 each. That wont be so bad if the price stays the same for the M cards because only one is required for 2 streams. It sort of looks like verizon is trying to discourage the use of TIvo's and Cable card computers (MCE) by over pricing the cable card rentals.

0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon deploy the new M series cable cards.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
They were suppose to be available on July 15 but I still have not seen any that have been deployed yet.
0 Likes
Davefred99
My main question is has Verizon anounced a price for M cards. As I said befor $3.98 each ($7.98 for 2) S Cards is too much. I certainly hope they dont charge $7.98 for one M card just because it can do the same as 2 S cards. I beilive Vierizon is trying to discourage Tivo & MCE cable card users by artificialy over charging for cable cards.
Message Edited by Davefred99 on 08-08-2008 11:30 PM
0 Likes
Amanti
On August 18, 2008, a Verizon installer said that Verizon was not issuing the M series cable cards until all the S series cable cards had been installed.  He was, however, able to obtain one M series cable card from his supervisor for one of the two Tivo boxes for which I had requested the cable cards.  Although the installer said I should call Verizon and request Verizon to mail the other card, Verizon refuses to mail the other card.  Verizon wants me to spend another day at home waiting for the installer to arrive.
0 Likes
phil
How much is Verizon charing you for the M card?  
0 Likes
Amanti
I am paying $3.99 for the M series cable card installed in August 20008 and $2.99 for the S series cable car installed last year.
0 Likes