Whole Home Capabilities
atlcam

I have a bunch of questions about the capabilites of the whole home setup, and every single customer service rep has given me different answers.

1. How many TVs can be watching live TV at the same time?

- Can all of the programs be HD?

2. How many shows can be recording at the same time?

- Can I watch live TV while recodings shows? What is the max capability of this?

3. How many shows can I playback at the same time?

- How many live shows can I watch if I am playing back the max # possible?

- How many of those can be HD?

4. Can I record live programs from the non-dvr box?

5. Can I delete programs from the non-dvr box?

6. Can I playback the same show on multiple TVs?

7. How does VOD play into all of this?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Whole Home Capabilities
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yes, Each cable box. DVR or non DVR can get live programs. Each independant from all others. The type of cable box does not matter in terms of getting a channel.

The Multi room is an extra step. It means that you have 1 DVR box and then multiple non DVR boxes. Then when the DVR records a program, the Non-DVR's can play back a recorded program in another room. See my answers above for how that works.

Now If you are going to put a DVR in each room or have Multiple DVR's then my previous answers would need admendments. Everything I have posted so far is based on the assumption that you have 1 DVR and multiple Non-DVR's.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@atlcam wrote:

I have a bunch of questions about the capabilites of the whole home setup, and every single customer service rep has given me different answers.

1. How many TVs can be watching live TV at the same time?

As many as have cable boxes. There is a limit of 7 full functional stb + up to 5 additional digital adaptors or Cable cards for a total of 12 devices in the house

- Can all of the programs be HD?

If they have a HD box, then yes.

2. How many shows can be recording at the same time?

2 per DVR

- Can I watch live TV while recodings shows? What is the max capability of this?

Yes. You can watch one and record one. or record two and watch one that was recorded already. Limit of 2 live programs

3. How many shows can I playback at the same time?

- How many live shows can I watch if I am playing back the max # possible?

0. The STB only has 2 tuners, once both are used for playback, plus the playback on the DVR you are used up.

- How many of those can be HD?

All

4. Can I record live programs from the non-dvr box?

NO

5. Can I delete programs from the non-dvr box?

NO

6. Can I playback the same show on multiple TVs?

Yes

7. How does VOD play into all of this?

VOD is an independant system from this. The VOD is a per box system and is not involved with the Multi-room system

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
atlcam

Thanks for your help!

-- So speaking strictly for Verizon issued equipment, I can watch up to 7 live shows at the same time?

-- Can I record programs in the future on a non-dvr box?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@atlcam wrote:

Thanks for your help!

-- So speaking strictly for Verizon issued equipment, I can watch up to 7 live shows at the same time?

1 per installed box. So if you have 7 Full functional boxes + 5 digital adaptors, you have 12 live programs all going.  Or if you have only 5 boxes total, then you can have 5 programs going.

-- Can I record programs in the future on a non-dvr box?

No, DVR functions are only at the DVR itself. The other full functional boxes can only playback. period. nothing else

0 Likes
atlcam

Spacedebris:  Is that for the whole home setup? 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When you say whole home setup. I'm assuming you mean the Multi-room DVR systems.

Where you have 1 DVR and multiple non-DVR's that can play back from the one DVR?

If this is what you mean, then everything I said above is true. If you mean something then we need claification.

0 Likes
atlcam

Okay, so I can get a boxes for all 6 of my tvs and watch live shows at the same time from all of them?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yes, Each cable box. DVR or non DVR can get live programs. Each independant from all others. The type of cable box does not matter in terms of getting a channel.

The Multi room is an extra step. It means that you have 1 DVR box and then multiple non DVR boxes. Then when the DVR records a program, the Non-DVR's can play back a recorded program in another room. See my answers above for how that works.

Now If you are going to put a DVR in each room or have Multiple DVR's then my previous answers would need admendments. Everything I have posted so far is based on the assumption that you have 1 DVR and multiple Non-DVR's.

0 Likes
billchrz

@atlcam wrote:

Okay, so I can get a boxes for all 6 of my tvs and watch live shows at the same time from all of them?

Only if you have a coax line run for each one of those boxes.

0 Likes